cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query / Display Template Editor Pops up in new window ver 11.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

xMII ver 11.5

Ok this might be a very simple question, but on some of my customer's Internet Explorers, the query template editor pops up as a new window when they select it in the Admin menu, but on my IE, it does not. On mine its embedded into the page, unless I right click and say 'open in new window"

Running the query editor in the pop up is a bit of a pain because when its a separate pop up, I can't have more than one query template editor going at one time (the windows have the same name so it just stomps over the existing one). And when you are debugging BLS transactions or comparing queries, its nice to have multiple windows open.

I'm assuming its some IE setting because it seems to be client specific. Ideas?

FYI, this are all IE version 6

Edited by: Doug Holtke on Nov 6, 2008 4:57 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll give that a shot on their dev box. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well 1/2 right, Yes my resolution is larger, however they are running 1280 X 1024. Oddly enough, I have one of their client boxes as a VM image, even when I run it full res on my machine, 1680 X 1050, Still shows the same behavior.

So do I owe you $25?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can settle it at dinner the next time you're in town...

I actually prefer to tweak the Menu.jsp file myself (backing it up first) towards the end of line 332, just before the img tag for the Images/blank.gif reference.

<% if (SystemPermissionManager.hasPermission(Permissions.TEMPLATE_EDITOR, user)) {%><a class="small" href="Admin/TemplateEditor.jsp" target="_blank">TE</a><%} %>

Then you can have it do whatever you want...and I prefer the old-school Template Editor that didn't split it into Query and Display nonesense.

Regards,

Jeremy

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

$50 says your LCD resolution is larger than theirs...

If they are 1024x768 then it will automatically pop open a new window so the TE fits, but your screen is probably large enough to have the TE inside the iFrame in the Menu.jsp.