cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web -> XI -> idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have a scenario where i need to read some dats from a HTML pag and send it to sap r/3 through IDOC. This needs to be done once in day.

I have created a UDF whcih reads data from the webpage and puts it in to IDoc.

but i am not sure about sender channel i.e. how to get it work once ina day on its own. i don't need anything as an input.

Can any body please suggest?

Thanks

-Kulwant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think you shd project your java UDF as an adapter. i suggest you to check developing custom adapters, you may find solution.

Regards,

Sukarna.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understand right, you need to perform a HTTP Get in XI. Use Java proxies to do the same.

There is a blog on SDN that describes this.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

> but i am not sure about sender channel i.e. how to get it work once ina day on its own. i don't need anything as an input.

Hi Kulwant,

Go for Adapter Scheduling and schedule your adapter as mentioned in this blog..

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwant

You can create a Java proxy as sender for this. Which can keep track of your Web page and send data to you as scheduled.

Another thing. If you are open for modifications to HTML page or if its a dynamic HTML page you can write script to post this data to your XI HTTP adapter. Then configure HTTP as sender and do mapping to R/3

Thanks

Gaurav

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can schedule you CC to work once a day in RWB> Communcation channel Monitoring> Availability Times and select the CC you cant to schedule and plan the timings in Availibility Tab.

This link will help for configuring. Goto III. Steps to Schedule a Communication Channel in the blog below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/06bd029da31122e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Thanks!

Edited by: sudhir tiwari on Nov 17, 2008 8:16 AM

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a file sender adapter with test mode as the file processing mode. Do not have dummy data in the file. Now in you mapping call your udf and fill the target structure..!!

VJ