cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data migration into cprojects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We need to migrate some data from legacy non SAP databases into cprojects. We will need to create a pd and phases. Also populate some data into user defined fields on the pd.

Has anybody got an experience of this?

Options could be:

lsmw

microsoft project upload,

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if u using Microsoft project. u can directly import and export data from cproject to ms project and vice -versa.

please go through this link u will find all details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm450sp04/helpdata/en/43/054880bbe822f5e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

give points for useful answer

Thanks

amit

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks L,

Very helpful. Points awarded accordingly. This definitely points us in the right direction.

Cheers,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

you need to scroll down and then the horizontal scrolling bar will be visible to see my full message (it happened to me as well).

Anyway, I am not a programmer myself, but here my understanding from what my developer told me:

you will need basically one progremme to clean the data and consolidated multiple xls into 1 upload file.

the second programme is to effectively upload the data. There are many BAPI's available, depends on what you need to upload, structures, docs, roles etc... Some BAPI's are create, some change. A list (not comprehensive) is in OSS# 882484. They normally start with BAPI_BUS21* (in sa38).

Cheers,

Lacramioara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello L,

Thanks for your reply. Very interesting.

Your sentences came through truncated so I could not read properly.

Could you re-submit?

An example bapi name would be very useful.

Thanks again,

Much appreciated.

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

we normally create program that uses the cProjects BAPI's. Get the data cleaned in a tab delimited file (excel) and then it should work quite easy. If the project structure is consistent you can create / use a project template that gets picked up by the BAPIs during transfer, thus less code to write.

Cheers,

L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Amit.

We need to load a large amount of legacy data fields into bespoke fields in cprojects.

While msp may be able to handle this, the job of populating the data into msp would be as difficult as populating into cprojects.

An LSMW upload from spreadsheet would be ideal but there does not appear to be an option.

Best Regards,

Steve