Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty batch determined in delivery

Anjhi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have a problem in batch determination and I dont have much knowledge on this. We are using automatic batch determination in Deliveries. For some of the line items the batch determined is empty (no stock). Deliveries are created using VL10A tcode. However I could trace some reasons for that.

1. In Sales Order the line item is not confirmed for that date. Schedule lines are confirmed for future date.

2. Deliveries are able to be created using VL10a transaction (even the future delvieries without stock confirmation)

3. Automatic batch determination is run and empty batches are assigned. That means batch with no stock.

4. For assigned batch, stock is zero (available quantity) and expiry date is in the past.

5. For this item in delivery, the staging date is in the future and Planned GI is present.

I want to fix:

1. Why the delivery creation is not blocked for unconfirmed line items in Sales Order using VL10a tcode whereas it is blocked using VL01 tcode.

2. How come empty batch is determined.

Appreciate your response and thanks in advance.

Regards,

AK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Why the delivery creation is not blocked for unconfirmed line items in Sales Order using VL10a tcode whereas it is blocked using VL01 tcode.

- You may need to check OSS notes 113411 and in particular 355666

2. How come empty batch is determined.

- You may need to check the batch search strategy using transaction code VCH2 for the particular material.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Anjhi
Contributor
0 Kudos

I got the solution.

1. VL10a allows future deliveries.

2. Empty batches are assigned bcos OVZ9 "Check without RLT" is not selected.

Thanks to all.