cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM4A and type 'Real'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just looking for confirmation - I'm writing some ABAP classes to use the MDM ABAP API's (add on MDM5.5 SP05 Patch 2, Server Build 5.5.42.30 - 5.5.42.xx).

In the MDM repository there are fields of type 'Real' that I need to receive. I guess the conversion would be to FLTP, but having attempted a 'Simple' read (api->mo_core_service->retrieve_simple) using a DDIC structure I defined this threw the exception

'Field PRODUCT_WEIGHT_GR in table PRODUCTS has forbidden field type Real4Field'

I then decided to code for the 'full' read (api->mo_core_service->retrieve) to let the API type the fields...got the exception...

'Value with type id 0 is not supported'

I've come to the conclusion that 'Real' types are not supported and the MDM repository would need to change to allow me to read those fields in the ABAP API's....

Can anyone confirm..and possibly point me to the relevant doco as I cannot find any SAP documentation regarding unsupported types.

Thanks in advance

Stu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right. Real types are not supported with MDM ABAP APIs. We had a similar issue.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Stu Murray.

We have similar error in java api. Solved by changing field types to Currency.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Stu,

It does sound like it is not supported from the info you have given, try using a dimension type in your MDM repository.

Darren