cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saplogon.exe missing & SAP Logon Pad buttons grayed out: log-on, new, envir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello & Greetings!

I am using Windows 2003 Server, and have installed Oracle 92.

As suggested at the Net, I dumped all the exp1 u2026 exp7 CDs to u2018Eu2019 drive in separate sub-folders named u201Cdb1u201D u2026 u201Cdb7u201Da folder called u201Cdumpu201D. And installed SAP 4.7.

I did not find the saplogon icon on my desktop, nor did I see any 'saplogon.exe' file in my Program Files. Instead I have SAP Logon Pad, but with no buttons--except the one on the top left-hand corner. The drop-down menu from that button has an Options link, but in the Options window the box "disable system edit functions" is grayed out.

However, the Options window says that u2018SAPLOG... Environment variable not set u2026u2019.

So, I copied 'saplogon.exe' file from the SAP|Gui Disk, and pasted the same in Program Files. When I double-clicked this .exe file, and clicked its 'Logon' button, it gives the following Error, please:-

"Time: ...

... ...

partner not reached (host SAPSRV, service sapdp00)

System Call: SO_ERROR

Error No: 10061

Error Text: WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection Refused"

After double-clicking the u201Csaplogon.exeu201D the Logon icon has appeared in SAP Logon Pad, too. It was missing earlier.

I also opened my SAP Management Console, right-clicked the icon and clicked START. But it fails to start in that none of the 3 icons become green in colouru2014although the service does start. When I tried to Logon from it, the following Error Message appeared:-

u201CSAP Logon failed:

Connect to SAP Gateway failed.

Connect_PM GWHOST=sapsrv, GWSERV=sapgw=00, ASHOST=sapsrv, SYSNR=00

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host

ERROR partner not reached (host sapsrv, service 3300)

TIME: ...

RELEASE: 620

COMPONENT: NI (network interface)

VERSION: 36

RC: -10

MODULE: ninti.c

LINE: 979

DETAIL: NiPConnect2

SYSTEM CALL SO_ERROR

ERRNO: 10061

ERRNO TEXT: WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused

COUNTER: 1u201D

Expert Advice will be highly appreciated, please.

Thanks & Regards

GK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello GK,

First try to make you server up in server..

check in your server, \WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services file. it should contain the entry

sapgw00 3300/tcp

After you fix the server issue, then solve GUI issue, please try unistalling the GUI (dumping the saplogon.exe would not work) and install it again by downloading from marketplace. try latest version of GUI 710.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr Debasis

As suggested by your goodself, I inserted the following entry in u2026/etc/services file (this entry was missing earlier):

sapgw00 3300/tcp

I tried again to logon, the new Error Message is:

"application server shutdown

Time: ...

Return Code: -17"

Sometimes, upon right-clicking SAP R/3 System icon in SAP Management Console, the Error Message is as under:

u201CThe instruction at "0x014f45f9" referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory cannot be "read".

Click on OK to terminate program

Click on CANCEL to debug the program.u201D

But nothing happens if I click CANCEL.

I hope this additional information would help you to troubleshoot this issue completely, please.

I the meanwhile, I am trying to obtain GUI 710 also.

Thanks & Regards

GK

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GK,

I believe you got error "application server shutdown" while logging from gui. its because the server itself is down.

Considering your system no# 00, these ports are required.

sapgw00 3300/tcp

Additionally, please make sure these entries are also there in the etc/services file.

sapdp00 3200/tcp
sapms<SID> 3600/tcp

Also after doing this, start the server in MMC, it should be up and running. before you try to login from GUI.

If you get memory related errors, you may consider restarting the server once and retry.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Debasis

Thanks!

I did as advised. That is to say, I added the following entries in u2026/etc/services file:

sapgw00 3300/tcp

sapdp00 3200/tcp

sapmsSAI 3600/tcp

where, u2018SAIu2019 is <SID>

Then logged on again, but the ERROR Message is:

"partner not reached (host SAPSRV, service sapdp00)

Time: ...

Component: NI (network interface)

Release: 620

Version: 36

Module: ninti.c

Line: 979

Method: NIPConnect2

Return Code: -10

System Call: SO_ERROR

Error No. 10061

Error Text: WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused

Counter: 1"

Moreover, I do not find the Application Server either on my Desktop or Taskbar.

Sorry for the inconvenience, please.

Regards

GK

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello GK,

you initially mentioned that

I also opened my SAP Management Console, right-clicked the icon and clicked START. But it fails to start in that none of the 3 icons become green in colouru2014although the service does start.

But did you try to start the server in SAP Management Console? are this in green state now?

Please note that you need to have the server up first and then try logging from GUI.

Regards,

Debasis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Debasis,

In the meanwhile, I had decided to go in for a clean & fresh installu2014 installing Windows 2003 Server, Oracle 92, et al.

I also re-installed SAP from KERNEL CD (CD1).

Now, in the MMC all the files that you had mentioned are there. But the 3 icons in the MMC turn RED in colour when I right-click the same and choose START in the drop-down menu. And the SAP Logon icon is yet to appear, please.

There is just one more problem in installing GUI from the 2nd SAP CD:-

I receive an Error Message that says that the directory u2018C:\SAPinst SAP PRESENTATION 1 3 already exists. Press OK to overwrite or choose another directory u2026u2019

Should I overwrite the existing data which was installed by SAP CD1? Or I should choose another partition, e.g. u2018Du2019?

Secondly, as advised in a blog at the Net, I just copied the contents of CDs named u2018exp1 u2026 exp7u2019 to folders (created & named by me as) u2018db1 u2026 db7u2019. What should be their correct nomenclature, please?

Kindly advise, asap.

Thanks & Regards

GK