cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Softwares for DB Upgrade from 9i->10G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have to upgarde 9I to 10G...I just want to get confirmation abt the downloads from marketplace from which I can run the DBUA...If I am not wrong , then DBUA should be there in

DVD ORACLE RDBMS 10.2 or ORACLE 10.2 Client ..Can anybody please confirm???...

Thanks,

Chinmay...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, you have to use DBUA from oracle rdbms dvd.

I suggest you must follow database upgrade guide located on service.sap.com/instguides --> other documentation --> Database Upgrades -->Oracle and then select your OS.

cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil for your prompt reply..I have downloaded all the installation guides....just wanted to be sure for the list of s/ws needed to upgrade to 10G..I have undergone through this path..

Installations and Upgrades> SAP NetWeaver" SAP NETWEAVER>SAP NETWEAVER 7.0->HP-UX>Oracle-->DVD ORACLE RDBMS 10.2 and Oracle 10.2.0.2...

Please let me know if any other softwares needed apart from this apart from DB Upgrade////

Edited by: Chinmaya Dash on Nov 6, 2008 3:53 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need the installation guide, the notes mentioned within and the note with the subsequent patches after 10.2.0.2 (50+ single patches).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

>10.2 and Oracle 10.2.0.2...

10.2 is your base software and Oracle 10.2.0.2 is a patch.

cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

you mean to say that first I have to run DBUA from RDBMS DVD for upgarding to 10G from the installation link....then I can apply patch for 10.2.0.2..then I am getting confused with service.sap.com/oracle-download and about downloading

Oracle 64 bit-->Oracle Instantclient 10.2.0.2 >HP_64 and Oracle 10.2.0.2> hp_64--> and also what about Opatch..

I would be really greatful if anybody can give me the list of s/ws and paths for upgrading from 9i to 10G///i am very much confused about the exact s/w downlaoads..I have all the guides..plz give me the list.your efforts will be rewarded...

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

first you complete database upgrade from 9i to 10.2 using DBUA from RDBMS DVD

once DB upgrade done then you have apply patch to 10.2 to 10.2.0.2 using Opatch (follow Note 839182 - Oracle database 10g: OPatch)

cheers,

-Sunil

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

>

> first you complete database upgrade from 9i to 10.2 using DBUA from RDBMS DVD

This is not correct and you can get errors if you do it like that.

First you install the base software (10.2.0.1)

Then you install the patch set (10.2.0.2 or 10.2.0.4)

After this you install ALL required patches.

Finally, you do the upgrade.

More information on the upgrade guide and related notes (you only have to read them)