cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 5.3 on server with 2gb of RAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our client has very limited hardware resources until new servers arrive in a couple of months, and even though every SAP document I have found says that the minimum memory requirement is 4gb, we have gone ahead and installed it on a machine with 2gb for our development environment.

We are implementing Compliance Callibrator and Role Expert at the same time.

Should the system run slow, or will we encounter major problems and not be able to run any heavy background job such as uploads or risk analysis?

Any document with information regarding this I can show my client would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

What all documents for GRC installation say is that we have to have minimum 4gb ram for each sub-component of GRC AC.

The basic intention is that once the system is installed there are no performance issues and you get smooth working.

If the RAM is less the system will work but you may get following situations:

Job timed out because of delay in processing

Server load as many jobs are pending because of slow processing

More time to run reports/analysis

etc..

Thus it will hamper your processing speed .

Hope you find it useful. APIU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses. We have been getting Time outs when running some background jobs as part of our post-installation tasks. The error we get reads as follows:

Error in Rule Generation! Reason:ResourceException in method ConnectionFactoryImpl.getConnection():

com.sap.engine.services.connector.exceptions.BaseResourceException: Cannot get connection for 120 seconds.

Possible reasons:

1) Connections are cached within SystemThread(can be any server service or any code invoked within SystemThread in the SAP J2EE Engine),

2) The pool size of adapter "SAPSR3DB" is not enough according to the current load of the system or

3) The specified time to wait for connection is not enough according to the pool size and current load of the system.

In case 1) the solution is to check for cached connections using the Connector Service list-conns command,

in case 2) to increase the size of the pool and

in case 3) to increase the time to wait for connection property. In case of application thread,

there is an automatic mechanism which detects unclosed connections and unfinished transactions.

We are trying to get people from Basis to look at this since we have no access to the actual server and Netweaver / Database configuration.

Besides this error, every now and then the URLs stop responding so we can not access RAR, ERM, or Netweaver. A couple of times it came back by itself, but lately we´ve had to have the server rebooted. Any idea why this would be happening?

Do you know of a way to ensure the jobs run successfully. We do not mind if they take twice as long or however long to finish, as long as they end successfully.

Regards,

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Federico,

Please change the JCo Pool configuration to :

JCo pool configuration Original Change u2013 as per SAP note

Maximum pool size 50 100

Maximium connections 100 1800

Connection timeout ( milli sec ) 100 10000

Max waiting time ( milli sec ) 30 30000

This will give more time to process a particular job.

also check if you have done risk analysis performance tuning

for :

batch size - 1000,

number of web service threads - 5,

number of background job worker threads - 3,

rfc timeout for web services/background job worker threads ( min) - 1441

Hope you find it useful.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please change the settings for Pool size to the following in the JCo destination that you have created for your connector:

Maximum pool size: 50

Maximum connections: 100

Connection Timeout: 10 seconds

Maximum wait time: 10 seconds

Thanks

Harleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have got a freshly implemented 5.3 setup with 2 GB RAM. Whereas the background jobs ran without issues, activities in the front end time out regularly with CPU/RAM/HD Queue on 100% load.

I have to admit that we are running on VMWare with Windows Server 2003 and SQL Server 2005, nevertheless I would say 2 GB are not sufficient from my point of view.

Kind regards,

Richard