Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data vloume limitaion in PI7.0

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

There is business requirement, Here we have 12Lak records in a flat file and now i need to uploade all the records into sap(financial data) by using FB01 transaction.

The senario is File to Proxy. And in mapping i need to make use of many DBlookup from Msacess database.

In FICO i can post the records if all the 12lak records are posted together (required conditions in FICO data wil be satisfied). But in PI7.0 there is a constrain in handling all the data together(large data-50MB).

So for that if i break the flate file into peices can i handle it....? If that can be done before posting into sap i need to hold all the broken peices(12Lak) in xi again.....!!!

Please suggest me any better way to handle this kind of situtaions in PI7.0

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vijay,

So for that if i break the flate file into peices can i handle it....? If that can be done before posting into sap i need to hold all the broken peices(12Lak) in xi again.....!!!

first of all,SAP recommends not to use XI for mass data uploads.

Yes, you can handle it by breaking flat file into peices. if at you break it you need to hold all the broken peices.

Think about this solution, if you are going to run this with max interval of time like once in a day or week.

file to file scenario

break the flat file and perform transformation (do what ever db lookups you want to) and use a receiver flat CC to place the file in SAP OS level (AL11) and update the flat file instead of writing in many files so that all the 12lak records will be in one flat file. Now write ABAP program which pick the file and process it into SAP.

Regards,

Sukarna

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Very very thanks for the reply,

We need to use XI for this to integration. As i said the flat file is of mass data we need to solve this. the same kind of interface was done for daily basis it working fine (as file size is less)

but now the same kind with mass data we need to develop for monthly.

so this mass data scenario is executed one in a month. so for me time taken to complete is not an issue.

As this kind of interface is only one.

So now give me any other way by which we can integrate.

I have used file to proxy for daily upload interface.

Can i know what is max file size does xi handles and recomended.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Go throgh the following link for file sizing discussions to process in XI.

Regards

Sridhar Goli

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the FCC, if u use RecordSet Per Message, will help u to multiple files depening on the number given. Will this be useful for ur case?