cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Tests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

does anybody know, how to test the mapping programs?

I'm searching for a way to compare and input-xml-file with an output-xml-file wich is mapped by a mapping programm before.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hamza,

just an idea. Why you do not build a very small scenario.

- Define your Datatype, Messagetype and the other stuff,

- Define your mapping

- Define the interfaces related to input and output message

- Configure a small scenario in which you use the SOAP Adapter to send the message from your Java Testtool to XI and vice versa.

Maybe there is a better solution but I did not know it.

Regards, Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please explain in detail what you mean?

I'm not an XI expert, yet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your replies, but I dont want a manual testing. I want to develop a java-tool, which accesses to the mappings and tests the output-xml-file.

Has anybody ideas in this direction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Also worth mentioning is a tool called Detroubulator. Search for it on SDN and you can find numerous blogs and posts etc regarding the same.

Regards,

Daniel

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Message mapping step, go to your mapping and the click Test Tab and give your input and click on run just down the input box.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto tcode sxmb_moni and double click the message then the message coming in inbound step would be the input XML and the message at Request Message Mapping level is output XML message after mapping.

Or if you want to do it from IR goto mapping editor and then load the source data execute the mapping you will get output and you can check the source xml message for both input and output messages.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In message mapping use Test TAB.

In source side press the SRC icon (sourc text view) and paste you xml then press the execute button. you can also load the test file by pressing the icon XML (Load Test instance).

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to Test Your Mapping Program

Regards

Seshagiri