cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source System RFC Error in BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

I have installed BI 7.0. And i have created an RFC connection for BI to R3. It was working fine but now the SAP R/3 source system in RSA1 is giving an error "Result of the destination check:Name or password in incorrect(repeat logon)". And also when i am logging in, moving between screens or T-codes, it is taking a long time and the status in the bottom of the screens shows that it is checking all the destinations that is the RFC connection created. Not able to trace the reason behind this. Please help. BL consultants are waiting to work.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Vani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (16)

Answers (16)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Problem is solved.

Thanks and Regards

Vanitha

lakshminarayanan_m
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you pls explain , how did you solved the problem...Because it is little bit critical to change and solve the issue.

regards

MLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MLN,

This is not the first time i am configuring SS. I have done that long back. It was all fine till couple of days back. there was an user called sapuser. I have created the RFC connection for the logical system names with this sapuser as login. The RFC connections are all fine but when i right click the SS and say check, it is giving username password incorrect in destination. I checked it but its correct.

Thanks

Regards

Vanitha

Edited by: Vanitha badampudi on Nov 10, 2008 5:08 AM

lakshminarayanan_m
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vani,

Still your are facing the problem. Did you chk this SNOTE (140276 & 184586 ).

Why not you should do restore the connection again with ALREMOTE and BWREMOTE users.

Pls go tru the note.

regards

MLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have given SAP_ALL and SAP_New to that user.

Regards

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

cross check these two profiles once again

S_BI-WHM_RFC

S_BI-WX_RFC

Regards,

Satish.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MLN,

This is not the first time i am configuring SS. I have done it long back. I created a user manually long back and i used that user while configuring the SS. All these months it worked fine and no issues. As far as i know,ALEREMOTE and BWREMOTE are service users which we get by default after installation. And during configuration, i remember, i gave the passwords for both the users. But my question is, all these days it went fine and now it is giving an error. And why is it checking all the destinations when i execute any transaction. Please clarify. BI consultants practiced SPRO, so is there any chance that they might have changed or ececuted something and the result is this error? If so what can that be. Please suggest

Thanks a lot

Regards

Vanitha

lakshminarayanan_m
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could understood your problem , but there is a possible by the developers . Did you provided the full authorization of RSA1/

lakshminarayanan_m
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Ho because developers by mistakely can change any pf your user name password in ur system.

Cuold you please come into <removed_by_moderator>

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

You have been warned

regards

MLN

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Nov 7, 2008 9:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MLN,

my user is sapuser. from this user, i am trying to login. and all that i mentioned previously is happening from this user only. I have checked the SS in RSA1 and when i right click that, it is giving error "Result of the destination check:Name or password in incorrect(repeat logon)" But the RFC connection are working fine. Even when i remote login. So please suggest.

thank you

Regards

Vanitha

Edited by: Vanitha badampudi on Nov 7, 2008 7:41 AM

lakshminarayanan_m
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the first time you are config your SS ? Normally the user will ALEREMOTE and BWREMOTE user(service) willl be communicate for the SS . Did you define the users manually while creation. Whille creating the SS , the user list wil get update in table . See the snote(140276 & 184586 ).

Regards

MLN

lakshminarayanan_m
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vani,

Why you are trying to login from that particular RFC connection . Is that any reason . What is the users you are mentioned in the login details in RFC .

If you want to check the connection of source system(SS) , then you check chk it from RSA1 itself by rightclick on the SS and press the check button , it will chk both the RFC connection of you systems.

Regards

MLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The RFC connections are working fine. Like i am able to remote login from both the servers to the other servers. But i observed is, when ever i am logging into BI server, after i give the username and password, it is taking too long to display the initial screen. And i observed in the bottom left of the screen, it is showing that it is checking all the destinations. Same thing is happening even when i try to execute sm59 and when i come out of it. Added to this, after all this, when i try to login into the BI server again, it is locked. I will have to unlock it from superuser to login into this user. No idea what is happening. Please help

Thanks a lot

Regards

Vanitha

lakshminarayanan_m
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vani ,

In RSA1 - goto source system - rightclick on ur r3 system and restore the connection once agin , this get update in your r3 system .

Otherwise , you go to su01 in Bi - system and selecte the user:BWREMOTE and set the numeric password (eg:12345678) , then go to R3 system tcode sm59 and select the connection RFC set the changed password.

same like so R3 system slect the user ALEREMOTE and set same numeric password and then go to BI system tcode sm59 and select the connection RFC set the changed password.

regards

MLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

check out Note

704206 - Analyzing "Remote login" problems in SM59

189077 - Remote login in SM59 does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

Each user do have S_RFC authorization. But still the system is displaying the error i mentioned. Can an RFC user can be the any of the users or do we need to create a seperate user for the RFC connection like service user and then assign it to RFC?

Please confirm.

Regards

Vani

Edited by: Vanitha badampudi on Nov 6, 2008 2:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vanitha-

Can you make the user for the RFC between your BI & R/3 as the system user and give a try it may work for you

we have the the user type in our org as system type.

GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

check this link if you got any input..

Thanks !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The user i used in RFC is dialogue user only because that user is the user with which many consultants login and work. So i cannot change that user. But it was all fine for 4 months. This started only today. BI consultants are practicing SPRO customization. So they might have changed some settings there. Any idea what that could be? please suggest.

Thank you

Regards

Vani

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If thats the user that "many consultants" use then first you have a licensing problem as no more than 1 consultant should be using a user at an specific time. Second if many people work with that RFC then the user should be setup as "current" and each user should have de S_RFC authorization populated... also you can make the systems.. "trusted systems".

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like its a password expiry problem. Dont use Dialog user in RFC,instead use service user

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kalhan,

I have checked the connection in SM59. the connection is ok. Even the remote login is working fine. But when i login into BI and then go to RSA1 > Source system> SAP folder and check the R3 source system connection it is giving that error. And moreover, when ever i switch between screens, it is taking long time as it states, it is checking the destination (like all the RFC connections). For your note: it is an IDES system in the SAP Lab of our company. Please suggest what to do.

Regards

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Check through R/3 SM59 and check test connection what are the error and debug the same.