cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking document info record and purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I hope that someone can help me because I'm having a problem with creating links between document info records and purchase orders.

By default in SAP I can create links between document info record and purchase order ITEMS! When I create that link, I can see it in document info record under Object links tab, but when I double click on the number of purchase order nothing happens (I expected that this purchase order will open).

Why is that so?

Why can't I access purchase order from document info record even though the link exists?

The other question is about creating object links to purchase orders, not purchase order items! Is it possible to link document info record with purchase order?

I would appreciate quick answer because we're in the middle of a project and we're stuck with that problem.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karlo,

As you mentioned, object links could be linked to Purchase order items. In customisation you maintain these entries under the node SPRO > Cross Application Components> Document Management--> Control Data --> Define Document Types --> Define Object Links.

There are many links in the standard system (possible entries).

The system automatically determines the screen number (dialog box) where the key data for the object is maintained for document maintenance.

You can check the screens when the screen entry is missing or contains errors by doing the following:

Start the Object Navigator and display the objects for the development class CV.

Expand the function group 130. The structure nodescreens lista all screens that can be used for object links.

You can make an object link to SAP objects that are not shown in the possible entries list. To do this, proceed as follows:

In the standard system, there are already two special screens for the module pools SAPLCV130 and SAPLCV140 for the linked SAP object.

You must create two new screens with the same number for the module pools SAPLCV130 and SAPLCV140 .

The processing logic must follow that of screen 1204 in program SAPLVC130.

Create function module OBJECT_CHECK_XXXX (XXXX = object name)

If the object can be classified, this function module already exists .

Otherwise copy the function module for linking equipment DOCUMENT_CHECK_EQUI and change it as required for the new object.

Hope the above instruction helps in solving your problem,

Sojan

Note : Award points if you find the information useful

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

friend,

iin DMS we use two methods for object linking

that is 1] from DMS side

2] from Sap object side

ur case is 2, u have to link dir from object side, coz this TC[ME21]is not allowed to link DIR from from DMS. i think u can see [Display].

ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karlo,

It seems like there is an authorization issue here. Try to see if your authorization object has the permission to view EKPO objects. You can temporarily assign SAP_All to see if the functionality is working.

If the above doesn't work, I would call an abapper to debug using /h. First debug for the link which is working and secondly for the object which is not working. You should be able to trap any error this way.

Hope this helps,

Sojan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your answer is OK, but I still don't understand why nothing happens when I double-click on the purchase order which is listed in the tab object links (of document info record).

When I link document info record with vendor, I can see that this vendor is listed in the tab object links (of document info record), and when I double-click on him, a new window opens in which that vendor is displayed.

So, for both (vendor and purchase order items) I have used default object link configurations, but for vendor I can open link to vendor, and for purchase order item I can't open link to that purchase order. When I try to open that link nothing happens, no error messages, just nothing - as I hadn't clicked that link at all.

Thanks