cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to store "hidden information" in Interactive Forms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to store additional information for single fields of a form. This information should not be visible for the user. I retrieve this additonal information by calling a web service in Javascript for each field.

Of course I could simply use additonal fields and mark them as "invisible". Since I need this for each field of my form, I would end up with many many invisible fields. This does not sound like a good idea.

My crude idea is to simply modify the XML Source of the form and include the information there in plain XML. Of course I can do so by simply editing the XML Sourvce in Livecycle Designer. But how can I read out and write into these manually created data structures during run-time? Is there any way to access that? Is the XML source accessible at all during run-time?

Thanks in advance

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I am not using Web Dynpro but "Livecycle Designer stand-alone". And that by purpose. I want in particular the hidden information to be included within in the pdf-document (that can be send by mail etc.).

Is there a way without using web dynpro?

Best regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

You can use the WebService and populate the additional information into different fields.

Here you can cheive this by having many single fields and populating information into those fields or by using a single hidden fields and write the JavaScript to populate the information having a delimiter set to defferentiate the different information.

To do this first you call a WebService by having a submit button or you need to cal Webservice from Form Ready event of the field or from the change event of the field(this event works fine for drop down).

From where you are generating the WebService(for eg if its an Function Module), there you need to have an,( eg. variable A), variable as a export parameter. And this parameter must be of type String and in coding you need to concatenate your all information into variable A using a delimiter (like ^, rarely used characters) set by you. And in the form you bind the variable A (in response of the Data Connection ) to hidden variable. Now below the Code where you have called the WebService there write the JavaScript to split the information stored in the Hidden variable.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christoph,

If you are using Web Dynpro for developing your forms, then you can use the Web Dynpro context to store the additional data.

The additional information should be availbale with Web Dynpro which you can use to call BAPI / Web Service etc.

Chintan