cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Output Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing a problem with output type for billing.

The output is defined and assigned for the more than one Billing type. Condition records are maintained at VV31 for Output Type -- Billing Type.

When i create a billing for one type the output is selected automatically but it is not getting selected automatically for another billing type. I have to select it manually.

Pls guide me as where may be the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Shailendra Panhale

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shailendra,

Check what is the possible reason or error message using the output determination analysis.

In [VF02] using the standard menu select Goto -> Header -> Output. Again using the standard menu select Goto -> Determination Analysis.

Select your output condition type and check the reason for why the condition type was not selected automatically.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nadarajah,

Thanks for your reply.

It helped me in finding the cause.

The routine used is 62 which says the billing doc has to be passed to A/cing.

The Billing type for which the output is not coming automatically is Proforma Invoice.

Pls tell me which routine should i use to get the output type selected automatically for Proforma Invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shailendra,

A proforma invoice is never passed to accounting and looks like your output condition type is applicable only for billing types passed to accounting. I'm not sure if you are using a customized output type. If thats the case find out what was the reason to have the requirement routine assigned to the output type and then you can think about removing it. Let me know what is the condition type and procedure you have been referring to. Incase it is the standard i can look into my system and analyze a little further.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

We are using Procedure v20000 which is copied for V10000 whit out changing any thing except some changes like keeping only required billing type.

Actually ours is the manufacturing firm. So when material leaves plant we have to prepare excise invoice. some invoices are normal invoice while other are proforma used for excise.

The automatic determination of output is done properly for normal invoice.

Now i want the system to automatically determine the output even for Proforma Invoice. I will be coping the same output type with new name. this output type will be used for Proforma invoice. I want to know what requirement type should i use for this. If i keep the requirement column blank will the system go for accessing sequence to determine the output type automatically.

Pls do reply.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shailendra,

If you are creating a new condition type only for proforma invoice then I dont think you need a requirement routine against it.

You should just ensure that the condition type is applicable for proforma invoices and not other billing documents. For this you can include the billing type in the condition table and maintain condition records only for proforma invoice billing type.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MR. Nadarajah & Mr. SAM

My issue is solved.

Thanks

Shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

When you define a new O/p type & maintain the determination procedure, you have to assign it to the doc type. Check what O/p determination procedure is assigned to your both billing types. If they are different, then maintain the O/p ytpe in both the determination procedures.

If they are same, check the requirement routine if there is any condition maintained for any billing doc type to trigger the O/p.

Also check if condition records are maintained for both the scenarios.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the settings in VV31 once again for both the billing types and try with the new billing document.

Thanks,

Savita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check for other billing document type wheather "Output Device" is set or not during output record creation or change(VV31 or VV32)..

Let me know after you tried with this..

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls check also the reqt routine attached with the o/p type.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Chandra & Mr. SAM,

I have checked it at VV32. The condition records maintained are same. Also the routine is normal & both the billing type are of same charactristics only for different sales organisation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shailendra,

Have you checked the requirement routine attached in the Maintain o/p detremination procedure agaisnt your o/p type? Could you tell me what requirement routine is attached there?

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAM Thanks for the reply.

The routine used is 62 which says the billing doc has to be passed to A/cing.

The Billing type for which the output is not coming automatically is Proforma Invoice.

Pls tell me which routine should i use to get the output type selected automatically for Proforma Invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shailendra,

nice 2 know u hav got the root cause.However, it is not mandatory that u hav to use a reqt routine, u can leave it blank also.it also solely depends on your business reqt.However, I fell u don't need to attach a routine at all.so, u can try not attaching a routine also.

Sam