cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI Benchmarking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is my first post so apologies if this is in the wrong place or the wrong format!

We currently use EDI to receive new orders from our customer base.

We are interested to see if our inbound processing is as efficient as it might be and was wondering if anyone knew of any data pertaining to EDI benchmarking.

We are particularily interested in seeing if your 7000 line sales order taking 90 minutes is good/bad or about average.

I appreciate that every EDI installation is going to be different but any benchmarking data would be useful.

Any help appreciated;

Regards David.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome to SDN David!!

Could you clarify a bit more about the size of your messages. e.g are you getting each file with 7000 lines or multiple files with less size? And what is the frequency of your message flow. Then may be we could comment on the performance.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Prateek's statement. I would evaluate your memory system...is it large enough to process the installed software(s)?

Jimmy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for the speedy reply!

Actually looking again at my post I've given you slightly incorrect information. An example file might be:-

7000 lines which creates into 260 seperate sales orders. Validation before order create would include if it's a valid material being sent and whether stock is available.

The file might be sent at any point before 3pm each day.

That's an example of 1 file from one customer. We typically have 100 files of varying size, some with a few hundred lines but others @ 7000 lines, per working day.

Not sure if this helps in anyway.

Regards David

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the message processing time of XI for an individual message with 7000 lines creating around 260 SO is 90 minutes, then in my opinion it a bit high. We had similar requirement (however the size was a bit less) with large no of messages wherein we found the required time much less.

I understand that the process involves certain lookups to get the details about the existing Sales orders. I think providing benchmark data would be possible for SAP only. The time also depends upon the CPU sizing.

Although not only for EDI, but this could be of your interest

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I think it's going to be too difficult to try and measure whether our system is good, bad or average.

Thank you for your time anyway.