cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS WebDynPro overview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to get an overview of how one ESS WebDynPro project ess~lea works with various dependent DC components for example the floorplan manager delivered in SAPPCUI_GP.

When I create a project by checking out the inactive DC ess~lea, I can see all the source code, but not for the the utility components and floor manager.

I have imported all the ESS and MSS content into the JDI as described in the JDI cookbook. In the development configuration I see in the left section under inactive ESS development tracks 2 yellow components ESS and MSS. In the middle compartment I see under local DC's two tracks: ESS and Local development. Whilst the ESS and MSS components are yellow (meaning the source is there) the rest, SAP-JEE, SAPPCUI-GP_1 are all blue (archive).

In SAP's powerpoints slides over ESS and WebDynPro's and also using ESS as an example for the JDI, these components are all yellow - presumably because SAP are developing with source code.

Is there an easy way to get the source code versions of these compenents? And is a consequence of using these source code versions that the overview how the various ESS and MSS components interact with the utility components any clearer?

It is possible to delve into the various libraries and find zipped src files. However I want a simple way to unpack these and use them in the SAP IDE.

Thanks in advance,

- Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, could you please send me this document. Address is david.keiser@bjservices.com. Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

works ESS in WebDynpro´s only in ERP2005?

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anyone of you please send me the doc at <u>kanchan.jadhav@gmail.com</u> ?

Thanks,

kanchan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Do you know what is the MSS package vesrion compatable to Develope webDynpro appliaction. I use NWDS 2.0.15 , SAP-R/3 4.6C, EP 6.0, MSS 60.1 . I am not sure if they are compatable. Could you please suggest me the lastest Compatable versions for webdynpro development.

Regards

Maruti

chandra-s@mailcity.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have extensively worked on FPM of ESS/Webdynpro.Please go thru my earlier posts.For your convenience I am pasting it here.

===========================================

For enhancing ESS with Webdynpro you have to follow a framework called FPM (Floor Plan Manager) which SAP itself uses to create the standard Webdynpro of ESS/MSS package.The only online available is http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/b4/139525380149a49c8402e22700e4ba/frameset.htm

You have to go through the tutorial completely and then analyses the existing SAP created ESS Webdynpro.A good starting point is ess~skl (Skills Application).All development standard/ naming convention you will get from there.

============================================

My suggestion is first go thru SAP help in the above link, then follow these links for general idea about ESS in Webdynpro.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4598a190-0201-0010-a59f-820...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e534c990-0201-0010-a6b3-ce6...

The tutorial is the SAP help itself in this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/b4/139525380149a49c8402e22700e4ba/frameset.htm

Please go thru it completely then try to built a small application using roadmaps( which all FPM application uses) with 3 steps a)Enter Name b) Enter Company c)Completed step , which will display user entered information and asks to either exit appplication OR goto step a.

Simultaneously go thru the existing SAP created webdynpro's . ess~skl is a good starting point although it's quite complicated.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ananda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananda Shankar,

The following link that you have specified no longer exists. " For enhancing ESS with Webdynpro you have to follow a framework called FPM (Floor Plan Manager) which SAP itself uses to create the standard Webdynpro of ESS/MSS package."

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/b4/139525380149a49c8402e22700e4ba/frameset.htm

Can you please let me know where i can find this document ???

Many thanks in advance

Sujata

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please send the document to masakhan@hotmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi María and Ralf,

First of all SAP deliver sources and archives for both the ESS/MSS business package and the PCUI_GP framework to enable you to change the sources. This is why the JDI is a reflection on how the backend applications have previously been delivered.

Having said that, it is not at first clear how to view or change dependent development components.

You can get a head start by following the SAP note 872892 JDI cookbook for ESS customers. This assumes you have setup a JDI.

When creating a development track for example to change the standard ESS content you have to specify in the CMS Landscape configurator exactly which SAP software component you want to change. The list of software components actually come from the SLD... its called the CIM list.

When you select SAP_ESS (verison 100) from the list, a default distribution of Source & Archive is selected. After closing the selection window, you should also see 4 dependent components SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS, SAPPCUI_GP with archive selected. Unfortunately you cannot change this!

SAPPCUI_GP contains the framework used by ESS. However if we want to browse the source code of say the floor plan manager, then we need the source code! Incidently we also need the source code if we want to debug ESS and MSS!

A trick I found to obtain the source code was while selecting SAP_ESS, also to select SAPPCUI_GP. That way you automatically get the default source & archive selection. However the trick has a side effect, or what I consider to be a bug with the CBS. Namely, SAPPCUI_GP is no longer considered a dependent of SAP_ESS. While you can import into development, checkout the source code, debug etc, when you come to make changes and use the JDI to activate changes through to consolidation, you find that the build breaks. Or more specifically in the CBS request log you receive messages saying that the public dependent development component cannot be found... build is "BROKEN". This is because the CBS has not checked the dependencies given in the SLD! Further still the SAPPCUI_GP software archive is not moved to the import queue of consolidation.

A temporary work-around is to define two tracks: One where SAPPCUI_GP is a dependent of SAP_ESS where you only receive the archive, but can make changes and activate changes etc. The second track contains then both SAP_ESS and SAPPCUI_GP as main line software components with source and archives. The 3 dependent libraries JEE, BUILDT and JTECHS are also loaded. With the second track you should be able to look at the framework source code and debuf to find out what is going on.

Perhaps someone else has another work-around, but so far I have not seen anything on this forum or in the SAP notes.

So far we have added a translation in dutch which was missed from the standard ESS content and also removed the team calendar button from the leave reqest application as my client has not configured this is ECC-R/3.

I found the WebDynPro source code hard to follow as there is no documentation or training on how the framework actually works. Luckily I did find from a link on SDN a pdf describing ESS & WebDynPro. It was originally from the rampup kit. It is called ESS & WebDynPro, by Ralf Halbedel and Christain Wiele. If you can't find it, send me your email address and I'll post it to you.

Hope that helps,

Jonathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Could you please send the document to vasu42@hotmail.com

Jojo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Can you please send me the documentation ESS & WebDynPro, by Ralf Halbedel and Christain Wiele. Email address is sivajan_kumaran@hotmail.com

Thanks for your help.

Jana

Message was edited by: Sivajan Kumaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

I tried to debug the code and getting the following problem. Did you get a chance to debug it from Netweaver Developer Studio?

<b>The system is unable to interpret the SSO ticket received </b>

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: The system is unable to interpret the SSO ticket received

at com.sap.mw.jco.MiddlewareJRfc.generateJCoException(MiddlewareJRfc.java:412)

at com.sap.mw.jco.MiddlewareJRfc$Client.connect(MiddlewareJRfc.java:887)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Client.connect(JCO.java:3159)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Pool.initPool(JCO.java:4629)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$PoolManager.getClient(JCO.java:6010)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$PoolManager.getClient(JCO.java:5965)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO.getClient(JCO.java:8246)

at com.sap.mw.jco.webas.WebDynproExtension.addClientPool(WebDynproExtension.java:133)

at com.sap.mw.jco.webas.WebDynproExtension.addClientPool(WebDynproExtension.java:74)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.createPool(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:376)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.checkPoolEntry(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:315)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.getClient(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:416)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.BackendConnections.connectModelInternal(BackendConnections.java:261)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.BackendConnections.initBackend(BackendConnections.java:226)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.BackendConnections.connectModel(BackendConnections.java:159)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.wdp.InternalBackendConnections.connectModel(InternalBackendConnections.java:183)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.FPMComponent$FPM.connectModel(FPMComponent.java:699)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.BackendConnections.init(BackendConnections.java:138)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.wdp.InternalBackendConnections.init(InternalBackendConnections.java:179)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.FPMComponent.wdDoInit(FPMComponent.java:170)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.wdp.InternalFPMComponent.wdDoInit(InternalFPMComponent.java:110)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingComponent.doInit(DelegatingComponent.java:95)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.initController(Controller.java:215)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:200)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.init(ClientComponent.java:347)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.init(ClientApplication.java:371)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.WebDynproMainTask.execute(WebDynproMainTask.java:608)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:59)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientManager.doProcessing(ClientManager.java:249)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doWebDynproProcessing(DispatcherServlet.java:154)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:116)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doGet(DispatcherServlet.java:48)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:390)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:264)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:347)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:325)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:887)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:241)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:148)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged1(Native Method)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:321)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

these web dynpros are working fine when i run them throgh portal iviews.

thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Can you please send me the document. My mail id is sureshbachimanchi@gmail.com

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one please post me the document called ESS & WebDynPro, by Ralf Halbedel and Christain Wiele to archanaraj20@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

me to please....

christian.schroeder.ims@de.ibm.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please send the document to ssap2sap@gmail.com? Points will be given for answer.

Regards,

SAP Learner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find the document Jonathan mentions: "ESS & WebDynPro", by Ralf Halbedel and Christain Wiele, ? Can someone post a link to it, please?

I need to make a small change to the ESS leave request, and I'm having a really hard time understanding how the code works.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP is only shipping the sources for the ESS / MSS apps themselves (as there are supposed to be many modifications in there), but not for the frameworks.

Thus, only the ESS/MSS SCAs contain sources and libs; all others only the libs. Modifications of those are not supported at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This means that if I'm having problems with the application I can't correct them if they're not solved on the SP our application has?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am chandra and I got your details while searching for MSS and Webdynpro. I would like to know few details about MSS version compatability for Developing Webdynpro applications. Could you please suggest me what version of MSS package is suitable for Developing Webdynpro applications. We r using SAP R/3 4.6C , MSS 60.1, Netweaver Developer Studio 2.0.15, and Enterprise Portal 6.0.

Regards

Maruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Did you solve this problem? I also want to edit one of the Standard ESS screens and I don't know where is the screen and the source code.

I appreciate all the help you can give us,

Thanks in advance!