cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hostname change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

i have just done a data recovery with initialization on different hardware and ran the xuser script as per note 39439 .the system is MAXDB 7.6,LINUX64 bit,ERP6 with Enterprise portal(JAVA Engine).Could be the problem be caused by the java engine which might need to adjusted as well.

C Try to connect (DEFAULT) on connection 0 ...

C

C Thu Nov 6 11:09:27 2008

C *** ERROR => Connect to database failed, rc = -4008 (POS(1) Unknown user name/password combination)

[dbsdbsql.cpp 136]

B ***LOG BY2=> sql error -4008 performing CON [dbsh#2 @ 1204] [dbsh 1204 ]

B ***LOG BY0=> POS(1) Unknown user name/password combination [dbsh#2 @ 1204] [dbsh 1204 ]

B ***LOG BY2=> sql error -4008 performing CON [dblink#3 @ 431] [dblink 0431 ]

B ***LOG BY0=> POS(1) Unknown user name/password combination [dblink#3 @ 431] [dblink 0431 ]

M ***LOG R19=> ThInit, db_connect ( DB-Connect 000256) [thxxhead.c 1426]

M in_ThErrHandle: 1

M *** ERROR => ThInit: db_connect (step 1, th_errno 13, action 3, level 1) [thxxhead.c 10283]

Any ideas welcome

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have just done a data recovery with initialization on different hardware and ran the xuser script as per note 39439 .the system is MAXDB 7.6,LINUX64 bit,ERP6 with Enterprise portal(JAVA Engine).Could be the problem be caused by the java engine which might need to adjusted as well.

Do a ) etc.

The only supported way of changing a hostname is to do a system copy using sapinst, especially if the instance is containing a Java instance.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I build the new server with the same configuration ,SAP ver support packs,OS ,kernel etc.The only difference is the hostname.Of which i wanted to fix with the xuser commands.Below is the xuser list

CORRECT>xuser list (y|n|e|a)? yes

-

XUSER Entry 1

-

Key :DEFAULT

Username :SAPDT2

UsernameUCS2:S.A.P.D.T.2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Password :?????????

PasswordUCS2:?????????

Dbname :DT2

Nodename :prdksrv046

Sqlmode :SAPR3

Cachelimit :-1

Timeout :-1

Isolation :-1

Charset :<unspecified>

-

XUSER Entry 2

-

Key :c

Username :CONTROL

UsernameUCS2:C.O.N.T.R.O.L. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Timeout

Isolation

-

XUSER Entry 3

-

Key :c_J2EE

Username :CONTROL

UsernameUCS2:C.O.N.T.R.O.L. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Timeout

Isolation

-

XUSER Entry 4

-

Key :w

Username :SUPERDBA

UsernameUCS2:S.U.P.E.R.D.B.A. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Timeout

Isolation

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I build the new server with the same configuration ,SAP ver support packs,OS ,kernel etc.The only difference is the hostname.Of which i wanted to fix with the xuser commands.Below is the xuser list

Yes - and this is your problem.

A Java instance is VERY different to an ABAP instance. Java stores only parts of its configuration in the database; most of it is stored on the filesystem (under /usr/sap//j2ee). You will get your database access running but neither ABAP nor Java will come up because the files on the filesystem still contain the old hostname. It´s not documented which files contain those old hostnames and it depends on the software installed on the Java instance.

The only supported way of doing such copies is to use sapinst (http://service.sap.com/systemcopy).

Neverless, if you don´t believe me you can try:

Do that for all the keys:

xuser -U <KEY> -u <user,password> -d <SID> -n <newhostname> set

for .

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already done that and that`s the point where iam getting this problem.

Thanks Markus. so for the java instance is different as i did the same procedure several times for abap and it worked.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus. so for the java instance is different as i did the same procedure several times for abap and it worked.

yes. Because ABAP stores EVERYTHING in the database. If you give access to that information, it will work.

Java is very different in that case. There are reports of a few people who did all those manual changes on 20+ places throughout the filesystem and in the Java schema on the database so it technically possible - but it´s not documented.

The only supported way to make a system copy as soon as Java is involved is to use sapinst - it will do all the changes for the target system (hostname and SID changes).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus i have found this note 757692 maybe it might help

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - it might help.

But I really wonder why you want to do all that manually if sapinst does all that for you

Markus