cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the use of an NW CE 7.1 component like Calender makes sense?

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to develop a program that is using the calender component that shipped with NW CE 7.1.

Reading that the successor of the NW 7.0 will be 7.2 made me think about if it makes sense to use it or not because the shipping date for the NW 7.2 is Q3/2009.

Does someone know if the calender component in the java stack will be available via enhancement package or something like this and if yes, when?

Thank you in advance, Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to develop a program that is using the calender component that shipped with NW CE 7.1.

As from the above line its clear that you have seen that the calender is available as part of CE. and enhancement too do have it. Are you expecting some special feature?

Regards

Ayyapparaj

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am just wondering why there is no NW 7.1 Version available. The next main release is 7.2.

The question is if it is possible to use the Version CE 7.1 in a productive environment or not. This isn't clear for me and so I would have prefered to use a main release instead of a CE version which I am not really sure about what it is exactly.

But if you say that I should use the NW CE 7.1 ... I would think about it.

Do you think it is available with enhancement package 1 for NW 7.0 also?

Thx, Vanessa

Edited by: Vanessa Martinez on Nov 6, 2008 11:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am just wondering why there is no NW 7.1 Version available. The next main release is 7.2.

This need to be answered by some one from the product management.

I guess what ever is their in CE will be there when 7.2 is released along with additional features.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

"I guess what ever is their in CE will be there when 7.2 is released along with additional features." - Yes, that's it!

The new features of Web Dynpro Java currently are available with CE 7.1 and will also be available once 7.2 is released.

kind regards

Stefanie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the calendar ui compontent is avaiable in NWDS CE 7.1

Matteo