Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LF not relevant for Billing

former_member461383
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I'm creating billing doc with ref to LF, but err "The del doc 8000XXXX is not relevant for billing". How this can be possible? There are no del block or billing block in ordr.

Thanx.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

pls check your sales doc type in VOV8 whether you have maintained billing types for delivery related billing type in the billing tab

In your item category make sure item relevent for billing is ticked and billing relevance A is maintained in VOV7

Of course for this you will get different error msg

Make sure you have the copy controls in VTFL for LF to your billing type

If these three are in place i think there should not be any problem

Regards

Raja

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RS,

Could you please post the solution for your issue. It will help many members of this forum to understand the reason for this issue and the solution to handle similar kind of issues.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If every thing as per suggestions of all is maintained especially Amiths and Lakshmipathis even then if the eeror is same log off completely from the order even from SAP and restart after two mins

There is nothing more than the suggested is reqd for your error

Raja

former_member461383
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Inspite of all suggestions I'm not able to create Bill doc. I'm pastin Err Log:"Error Log: ○▲○ 0080001288 000000 The document is not relevant for billing". (80001288 is the del doc). Can any body plz help.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ensure the delivery is not deleted. Check it is exist in

VL03N

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RS,

Just for the confirmation:

1. While Invoicing Del. doc. in T. Code: VF01, what is the Billing type, you selected? is it the same that have been maintained in T. Code: VTFL?

2. Is delivery doc. is just created and saved or also been PGIed?

3. In T. Code: VTFL, for Del-to-Bill control, in

Item --> Item Cat. --> Billing Quantity

what is the entry maintained? is it "B - Delivery quantity less invoiced quantity"?

4. Is this the only Delivery Document or you are getting the same error for every Delivery doc., you created?

If this for every Del. Doc. with Type - LF, in Client: Development, try to create with another Doc. type and test

Best Regards,

Amit.

Note: Thanks for rewarding with points. But for me, the more imp. is the solutions, that have been provided by me. It is more satisfying to provide right solutions to the query rather than collecing points.

I am also a learner and I learn from other Elite Members.

Points are just to motivate and boost ones interest.

former_member461383
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amit friend,

Other than the ongoing issue I've another issue which is troubling me. I would like to share with you. Its about doc type RK.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RS,

Definitely, not only with me but you may share your Problem, Sales Doc Type RK - Invoice Correct. Req., with other Elite members.

Please post the query in new thread.

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: Please update the current status of your ongoing issue.

former_member461383
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx eveybody.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Check in VOV7 is the item catg in the order is relevant for billing option A & pricing is to be carried out entry X,.

Also check if the copy controls from LF to F2 in VTFL & OR to F2 in VTFA is maintained.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RS,

One way is being already suggested.

Apart, you may also check.

T. Code: VOV7 - Maintain Item Categories

Here, Select your Item Category for Material, used in to your S. Order for Delivery. Now,

Tab: Business Data; Field: Billing Relevance

Maintain entry as " A - Delivery-related billing document".

If its already maintained; then go to:

T. Code: VOV8 - Maintain Sales Order Type

Select your Doc Type (say, OR - Standard Order) and

-->Within Tab: Shipping, check entry in to field:

1. Delivery type LF Outbound Delivery

-->Within Tab: Billing, check entries in to fields:

1. Dlv-rel.billing type F2 Invoice

Also, check in Tab: Scheduling Agreement (just for confirmation), whether Field: Delivery Block is marked checked or not (it shouldn't be).

If all well here, then go to:

T. Code: VTFL - Copy Control Settings for Delivery-to-Billing

Here, Select your Delivery-Billing Doc. Type Control settings (say, F2 -- LF)

Check, entries in to Header (select from left-hand tree) and Check/ maintain following entries in to Fields:

1. Copying requirements 003 Header/dlv.-related

2. Determ.export data B (if reqd)

3. Assignment Number E

4. Reference number B

5. Check the Box: Copy Item Number

Also check, entries in to Item (select from left-hand tree) and Check/ maintain following entries for your Item Cat., in to Fields:

1. Copying requirements 004 Deliv-related item

2. Data VBRK/VBRP 007 Inv.Split (Rec/Div)

3. Billing quantity B

4. Pos./neg. quantity +

5. Pricing type C (or, as reqd.)

If, this is also fine, then in

T.code: VF01

Try to invoice your delivery and when System throws error message, copy the complete Error-log and paste it here for more understanding.

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: You may also try to re-create the Delivery (first reverse/ delete the existing delivery document) for the same Item(s) and Invoice it.

former_member461383
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

Although every solution u've mentioned I've already maintained. But still billing is not happening. Anyway 6 points (1136 from 1130) for ur commendable support. Plz suggest some other way out.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Freinds,

I have setup an Item category(ZVNN-not billable) under transaction VOV7 which is not relevant for billing. This item category is tie a sales order type TA VOV8 (ZVRA- repairs) and billing type ZVF2. Under transaction VTFL for billing type ZVF2, the setting for item category ZVNN are as follow.

Copying requirments = 004 (deliv-related item)

Data VBRK/VBRP = 003 (single invoice)

Billing quantity = B (del qty less invoice qty)

pos/neg quantity = +

pricing type = G (Copying pricing elements unchanged and redetermined taxes.

I want this item category on the sales order line item to be not billable but it will automatic create a billing document anyway. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Tuan Pham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the Billing Relevance in Sales doc type...wether it is Delivery related (A) or order related ( G).

Also check the copy control from delivery to billing w r t Item category and requirements at header& Item level.

Thanks & Regards,

Savita.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Check in VTFL, whether you have maintained copy control to LF - F2

- Check in VOV7, for your item category whether you have maintained "A" for the field "Billing Relevance"

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Check the item category of yr sales order is relvent for billing or not ? SPRO Sales and DistributionSales-Sales Documents--Sales Document Item--Define Item Categories there in Business data u will find Relev. for billing there u maintaiN " K ".

Same way check the copy control is there or not for delviery to billing? Tcode VTFL

Thx.

Edited by: DWARKESH THAKKAR on Nov 6, 2008 10:47 AM

former_member461383
Participant
0 Kudos

D/ DWARKESH THAKKAR,

Why shd we maintain "K" in Billling Relevance field? "A" will also allow billing. Moreover if the item had been "Not relevant for Billing" err would had been different. There must be some other reason. Can u plz help? Copy Ctrls are present.

Rgds.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear RS

As suggested above, have you checked in copy control ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

K: Delivery-related invoices for partial quantity

You can use this indicator if you want to select both items and partial

quantities for billing.

One is above and second is copy control problem only. These two possibilites only can have for what u r looking the answer.

Please check.

Thx.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rs,

Please check the copy control settings between LF and billing document in VTFL transaction.

Chek Header level and item level also.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check once whether the PGI is completed for that delivery or not.

Thanks,

Ravi