SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Functionalities in Device Management in IS-U ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the process of upgrading our SAP IS-U/CCS 4.6c to ECC 6.0. I have looked at service.sap.com but I have really not seen any information on the new functionalities that have been introduced by SAP in the Device Management area in IS-U/CCS 6.0.

If anybody in this forum has this information or knows how to look it up on service.sap.com, can you please let me know. Any help is truly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In the plain ECC 6.0 installation, there's not additional functionality beyond the 4.72.

However, in the enhancement packs, there are new features (for smart metering, amongst others). Through the SDN search, look for "enhancement pack" and you should find the relevant release info.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In the plain ECC 6.0 installation, there's not additional functionality beyond the 4.72.

However, in the enhancement packs, there are new features (for smart metering, amongst others). Through the SDN search, look for "enhancement pack" and you should find the relevant release info.

0 Kudos

I remember seeing a nice application on service.sap.com a few months ago, where you could compare different versions of SAP and get the list of new functionalities that are available in each module in the new version. I cannot find this application anymore. Does anybody have an idea how to find this?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Are you referring to [SAP ERP Solution Browser|http://erp.fmpmedia.com/Default.aspx?alias=erp.fmpmedia.com/english]? I think this is only available for ERP not for ISU

0 Kudos

This is exactly what I was talking about! Thank you for the link. You are right, that it does not apply to IS-U. I hope SAP includes the IS solutions in this handy tool, so it gives the IS customers visibility on what is available in the new versions.

I have assigned the points to both you and Kevin. Appreciate you taking time to answer my questions.

0 Kudos

This tool is indeed great!

One more addition: as the Industry solutions are part of ECC6.0, you do can find the new functionalities in this tool, for the different enhancement packs.

0 Kudos

At this time the tool is only useful for modules that were previously part of core R/3. I see some SRM, RE-FX, AM, etc included in this tool but none of these pertain to IS products of SAP. I'm looking specifically at IS-Utilities in the area of Device Management.

Does anybody here have any kind of information or document that would give me the new functionalities in IS-U Device Management in ECC 6.0 in comparison to 4.6c.

0 Kudos

Following are some of the changes from 4.6 to ECC 6.0

- Industry Field Changed in Utility Installation Tables

The industry field in database table EANLH has been replaced by a combination of industry and industry system. This change applies to database table EANLH as well as to all tables and structures that use include EANLHDATASAP.

- Reversal of installation/removal/replacement with goods movement

You can execute goods movements when reversing an installation/removal/replacement.

If the settings you made in Customizing mean that goods movements are possible within an installation/removal/replacement, you can enter goods movement data for the installation/removal/replacement when you access the reversal transaction (the same applies for device

installation/removal/replacement).

Thanks,

Hiral

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide me, is there any provision for sealing management exists in ECC6.0 or not?

Please guide me if any provision for seal type creation and seal data management is there in ECC6.0.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

I'm on ECC 6.0. I don't understand what provision you're expecting for Sealing Management? No matter what version you are, you can maintain Sealing Date and Seal Code at the Serial Number level. We have it configured on the "IS Data" tab -> "Various" tab.

1. The Sealing Date gives the date the meter was sealed.

2. Sealing Code has the options of:

01 - New Manufacturers Seal

02 - Company Seal after Device inspection

03 - Company Seal after Device Modif.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Hi,

My question was how can i create seal no. in the system. Is there any T Code available where we can store seal information, seal no., seal type ( for example paper seal or plastic seal) etc.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards