Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Propose Change against a confirmed PO in SUS

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM Gurus,

We have following requirement in MM-SUS scenario:

1. Buyer submits PO to SUS from ECC.

2. Supplier responds with POR without any changes in qty./date/price and the same is updated in ECC PO(Buyer also confirms the same).

3. Due to delay for some on supplier side, in SUS supplier wants to propose new qty./date for he same cofirmed PO.

I am not able to understand how to handle the step three....

we are using ECC6 and SRM6.0

with regards

Manjunath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

once the supplier has confirmed --> and the response is send over to SUS --->

it is not possible to change the confirmed purchase order in SUS.

this is standard system behaviour ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

Thnx for the immidiate reply, so what other options we can look to handle this scneario. I was thinking of a desgin in which we copy the POR object into a z object and use the same to handle this scenario. But got a feed back that this would be huge development, suggest any other feasible design.

with regards

Manjunath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manju,

As a standard it is not possible to do the POR again, but as a standard if the PO is changed by the buyer. Vendor can again create a POR.

If you have plan for development, one approach could be to trigger a PO change from SUS (You can use different ways). Changed PO will transfer to SUS & It will allow the vendor to do the POR again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ashutosh

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am afraid that making changes to the standard , or even developing your Z code for your requirement will be very complicated ..

from the business point of view --> supplier should only confirm --> if he is very certain that he will be able to deliver the goods according to the dates specified..

once the supplier has confirmed --> the supplier can do no changes --> only way out is for the purchaser to make changes and send over again to SUS.

in this case the status of the order in SUS will go from 'confirmed' to ' changed'.., and there it is possible to confirm again..

but in MM --> if you have created follow-on documents ( goods receipt) , then i am not sure wether --> the purchaser will be able to make changes and send over to SUS again..