cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which users need to be used in RFC destinations for IDoc communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the RFC destinations that we create from XI to ECC and ECC to XI (both the systems), what are the best user IDs we need to be using? Also inorder to import IDoc meta data in IDX2 what roles the RFC destination user must be assigned with?

In WE20 partner profile maintenance screen, after the Partnet number and type, what should be the type and agent used as a best practice?

As of now I am using my credentials and UID at all these places, but I want them to be generic.

Thanks,

Sri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In PI systems we prefer RFC destination created using PISUPER to avoid problems with password reset and authorizations.

All organizations have their own set of roles assigned in groups but for any ABAP system S_RFC authorization object need to be created for the user assigned with PFCG

In WE20 mostly we keep the agent responsible for the using that IDOC. Mostly we keep functional people it helps them. Dont know about the best practice on that.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhargav.

That helps. What about RFC destination from XI to ECC? ECC would not have PISUPER user right..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri

As i said earlier i dont know exactly what is the role required for RFC destination but mostly we create a generic user with SAP_ALL to avoid problems in ECC systems.

As i said above in any ABAP system S_RFC is the authorization object that is need for RFC destination.

Well in ECC system SAP_ALL works similar to PISUPER

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> In the RFC destinations that we create from XI to ECC and ECC to XI (both the systems), what are the best user IDs we need to be using? Also inorder to import IDoc meta data in IDX2 what roles the RFC destination user must be assigned with?

>

Go thr this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c8/98e7d5c1620642973565ea3dd319d1/frameset.htm

> In WE20 partner profile maintenance screen, after the Partnet number and type, what should be the type and agent used as a best practice?

>

type depends on the vendor(LI) or customer (KU) or internal (LS)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

How come mapping trace has to do anything with this query..!!