cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual System flag in SMSY does not get updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a Transport Domain with one real Dev system, a virtual QA and a virtual Prod (in TMS). I use Single tranport, have defined a client specific transport layer and use CTC = 1.

Then when I try to create my systems (QA and Prod) in SMSY, the Virtual System (TMS) flag is set to false (and the box is greyed out). I have try to create my systems with Automatic Data Transfer from TMS and with manual creation followed with Read System Data Remote. Same results: No Virtual System (TMS) flag.

I do not think I can activate CHARM without this Virtual System (TMS) flag (complains it doesn't know QA) so I need to figure out why the flag is not set even if the system is virtual in TMS (and did not exists in SMSY).

I am at SPS 17 in Solman. Any idea?

Also, a QA system with the same SID existed in SMSY previously but in another release (46C opposed to ECC). I have deleted this reference before I tried to recreate the virtual system. Could there be left overs...

Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your Sol Man connected to your domain controller client000? (in case they reside in different domains)

If the system is not able to read/update TMS config then you won't get "virutal system" flag in SMSY.

/cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Solution Manager system is the Domain Controller:

Client 000 : Domain Controller

Client 100: Charm

I have tested the TMSADM* RFC for client 000 and it works properly. Still no Virtual System flag...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

So your Sol Man is domain controller for your DEV, QA and PRD system?

Hmm...

- try to delete the buffered tms data in smsy and refresh.

- is the correct transport domain maintained in your virtual system's header data?

- are you able to delete and recreate the virtual system in smsy?

- what is the data soruce? manual replication? SLD?

/cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

1- How can I delete the buffered tms data in smsy?

2- The correct transport domain is maintained in the virtual system's header data.

3- I can delete and recreate the virtual system in smsy. In fact I have deleted/recreated the virtuals multible times.

4 - The data source is AUT_LIS TMS/RFC. I have also tried manual.

Thank you for your help.

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1- there is a button right above the check box "virtual system (TMS)"

Did a system with virtual systems ID exist in the past?

AUT_LIS TMS/RFC means that the data is read from TMS. Might be still buffered wrong?! Not sure...

Try to delete buffered data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create my vitual systems with SMSY_SETUP and choosing the Transport Management System (TMS) / RFC option.

It is picking up my Virtual Systems, but does not put the virtual flags...

I have tried to click on the Delete Buffered Transport Data button, then click on the Read System Data Remote button (Data Source = AUT_LIS TMS/RFC and transport Domain = <MyTransportDomain>). Still no Virtual System flag.

On SMSY, when I goto Environement > Domain Controller Overview, my Transport Domain (with domain controller) appears correctly.

Previously, real systems with the same sid existed in SMSY. I have deleted them (and the associated servers and database) and tried to recreate them as virtual (from TMS) to no avail.

Is there a program that can clean any reference to these SIDs?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to remove the system from SMSY and remove all entries from table SMSY_SYSTEM_SAP with system name = yourSID. Recreate Virtual System via SMSY.

When you look at table SMSY_SYSTEM_SAP before you delete the virtual system you might get an idea how the virtual system got created, what versions exist, which one is active and so on.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chistian

It did not resolve the issue, in the sense that the flag still did not appear automatically.

However, I can manually add the flag in that table. Which should resolve my issue in CHARM.

Thank you for help!