SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are Compatible Units?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gems,

Can some one tell me what are compatibe units?

I came this in many job requirements recently. what version of ISU is it in?

Thanks

Dan

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Is Comaptible Units only used in ISÙ?

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is aimed at the Compatible units in ISU..I do not know if there are compatible units in R/3..etc.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos

Work Order Creation:

Once the user has entered the order data, The order creation process istem uses mostly automatic; The system uses information provided by service territory data and compatiable units.

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva Kumar,

Could you please elaborate what you are trying to tell.

thanks

Dan

0 Kudos

To create a work order efficiently, the Utilities Industry (IS-U) component uses references ("compatible units"). Using a small number of parameters defined by the user, the system can generate the appropriate order.

After the order has been created, the system monitors the provision of resources and schedules the order. Geographical conditions play an important role here, especially in the utilities industry.

· Compatible units:

Compatible units enable you to create frequently recurring work orders (such as installation of a service connection) easily. They contain a description of the activities to be performed and a list of the resources required (such as personnel, materials, and tools).

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

0 Kudos

Compatible Unit Definition

A compatible unit consists of:

A description

A list of operations

A list of materials and production resources

A schedule for the installation, replacement, or modification of the compatible unit

A list of required documents

A list of the characteristics defined in the configuration

Relationships between the individual components of the compatible unit are represented by object dependencies (for example, between soil condition and length of the connection).

Use

You can use a compatible unit when creating a work order; the compatible unit enables you to create the work order quickly and fully. First of all, all the data from the task list is copied to the order. If you assign characteristic values, certain data is then changed (for example, time required or quantity of materials) or suppressed when copied (for example, operations or materials).

It is not currently possible to construct compatible units in a multi-level structure.

The configuration is not used for the service catalogs (descriptions of services to be obtained externally) in the operation.

Structure

The compatible unit or the configurable task list contains the following elements:

The header data of the task list

A list of operations for the header

A list of materials for each operation

A list of utilities for each operation

Object dependencies of the configuration for each operation

The allocation of the task list to a configuration profile

The allocation of classes with characteristics to the configuration profile

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

Please Allot Points if it helps

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva Kumar,

Are there any tran codes, tables,Fucn modules or any objects that gives an example that can tell me about Compatibe units?

Is it a new concept in ISU/ECC 6.0?

thanks

Dan

0 Kudos

Compatibility units are concept which are prevelant in US and some other countries specially related to transmission industry . The concept and terminology are used across so a google search may give you better idea of exact concepts .

I may have some presentations on it but I have never worked on it.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

did not get a clear answer