cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Date changed to past date while ATPing 2nd Line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I posted a question a few days ago, but now that I found a new example i have more info of my problem.

So here is the scenario. (we are set up for back order)

Orders is created for 5000 units on 09.23.2008.

we do not have enough stock to ship all. we only have 3000

In our system or the way it is set up. line 1 shows 5000 with confirmed delivery 0,

So we do an ATP check and a second line is created with qty 3000, a MAD date of 10.01.2008 and

delivery date of 10.07.08. all is good up to here.

so we still have 2000 to ship and the mad date is not until later in December: 12.01.2008

so we go into line 3 and do an ATP check to see what promised delivery date will create.

the system says 12.07.2008, ok all is good up to here.

now if I SAVE this order, this is what happens.

Line one for 5000 disappears

Line 2 turns into Line 1 , but the delivery date changes from the actual date of 10.07.2008 to

Line 3 turns into Line 2 with the right date 12.07.2008.

Line 2 turning into one is the one with the Issue !

Are we doing something wrong ? is this a config problem ?

Any feedback appreciated.

thanks

JD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the system is behaving normally. In the sense that it is updating line 1 with line 2. Because if this is not done we would see that Line 1 will have 0 confirmed as of today for 5000. This conveys no information. I think the system is behaving normally. Or it could be that I did not understand the issue fully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mani,

yeah I agree with you about the lines, but the only concern is the dates, the original delivery date was for example march 7th for 5000, so we could not ship them all and we only shipped 3000 on April 7th, and we still had back order for 2000.

those 2000, lets say have a Mat Ava Date of Today, so If I do an ATP check, the system would create a delivery for maybe November 10th.

so far all is good, when I save the order in Va02, and the line 2 becomes line 1 and line 3 becomes line 2 ( which I am ok with )

the only thing that I think is strange is that the new line 1, the one that accounts for the 3000 shipped on April 7th, now has a delivery date of March 7th.

and that is not accurate, the requested delivery date was march 7th, but we shipped on April 7th, so why does the system override the actual date with the first date.

that is what I think it is strange and I am not sure how to fix it.

Let me know what you think and thanks in advance!

JD