cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking of R/3 IDoc status within XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario File -> XI -> IDoc (R/3). Now, I wanted to know whether it would be possible in XI to track the status of the IDoc message as shown in R/3.

For example, an IDoc might have been successfully sent by XI but must have failed in the SAP R/3 system. Can this status be obtained in XI and used for raising an alert?

I know that this is possible using an ALEAUD acknowledgement IDoc. Is there any way that this can be implemented without using acknowledgment IDocs?

Many thanks in advance

Rosie Sasidharan.

Edited by: Rosie Sasidharan on Nov 5, 2008 7:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can this status be obtained in XI and used for raising an alert?

Why do you want to raise an alert in XI, why not in R/3? when you don't want to use ACK idoc's.

we can use same alert configuration in R/3 too.

Regards,

Sukarna.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Rosie Sasidharan.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rosie,

You can always check the status of R/3 Idoc within tcode IDX5. What you need to do is just select the particular Outbound IDoc message in IDX5 and you will find a triangle shaped button for extended functionality click on that and then click on Tracking .

After you click on tracking you will be able to see the IDoc no. in R/3 as well as XI and the status of that particular IDoc.

Thanks!

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not possible . if status is success in XI and fails in R/3 then how we will get status from R/3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosie

This is not possible without using the ALEAUD acknowledgement IDoc along with a BPM

XI delivered the target message and thread performing that job is over. To raise an alert you need to keep the XI thread alive using BPM where it will wait for acknowledgment status from IDOC and raise alert from BPM

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think IDX5 is used for IDOC status in XI. but once the Xi sends the msg, it changes to success. It doesn't care if it fails on R/3 side. this is my belief.