cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC6 IDES install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Can some one tell me how much HD and RAM we need for the following components. I'm hearing different HD & RAM suggestions from different people. I hope I'll get the right answer here.

1) SAP ECC6 alone -- HD? preferred RAM?

2) SAP ECC6 & SCM5/5.1 -- HD? preferred RAM? can we install both in single hard disk?

3) SAP ECC6 & Netweaver(XI, BI, EP, MDM) -- HD? preferred RAM? can we install both in single hard disk?

I'm planning to buy 320GB HD and 4GB RAM laptop. So, can some one suggest me what can i install in my laptop with reasonably good performance?

Thanks,

Anika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

install SAP on a laptop? This does not make sense. install in a real server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric. The server option is always there but Just want to see if i can install on my laptop so that when I travel I can play with that. So, just want to know what are feasible to install in the laptop with reasonable performance.

Thanks,

Anika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IDES 6.0 SR2 on windows / oracle uses around 220Gb of hd for database so with 320 Gb HD you can easily install it, About RAM, it should work with 4Gb of RAM a little slow but as this will be for demo or personal use that should not be a problem. It will be better if you use 64 bits OS. Try not to assign too much memory for Oracle during install.

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

64 bit is a must have! windows 2003 server 64bit will be the only option you have the harddisk must be 7200rpm - otherwise acces will be much too slow (one disk can be a bottleneck!)...option 2) and 3) will not work with acceptable performance - you will need more RAM (than 4 GB) which could be quite hard to fit into a standard laptop...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello All,

Sap has got special demo laptop (note 1161734)

It's demo installation ECC 6.0 (BAiO) with predefined Linux SUSE.

Since week I've try to install it (without effects) but i still believe that it can be possible :).

Ps:Installation needs 200GB HDD and 4GB Ram 64bits CPU