cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ensure message transfer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a file to proxy scenario where the sales order data is coming into XI in a file & using a proxy I am trying to collect all the sales order data in R/3 & once all the Sales order data is collected in an internal table, I am calling S.O. BAPI to post the sales order. Now, the requirement is: the BAPI should start processing the data only after all the Sales order data is there in the Internal table. I am not sure, how XI would ensure that all the messages from the file are delivered to the R/3 system?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan

As said above BPM is the way to collect this data as proxy is at receiver side will not be able to find out how much it need to collect.

If you can get information from the source system about the number of records under the SO then you can hold and collect data using the count in proxy itself but that requires stage table. Using internal table only will not help.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,

Awarded points for your answers. I have another requirement wherein I have to send the status of all the SO processings( successful/unsuccessful) back to the source system after processing them in R/3. What would be the best way to achieve this as I am using server proxy to process the Sales Orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you will be using BPM, so now you should use synchronus proxy to return the response back to BPM and BPM will send this response back to the sender system.

Inbound Synchronous Proxy

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/abap%2bproxy%2binbound%2bprogram%2b-%2bsa...

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another requirment that I have is: once processing of all the sales order is done in the R/3 system, I have to extract the internal order details from the R/3 system & send it to back along with the SO status data to the source system. If I use sync proxy sales order processing & get the status message back in the BPM, how should I initiate the IO extract & send it to the source system. Remember that the IO extract should start only when all the SO data is processed in R/3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do one thing, put a counter in either BPM or in proxy to count the number of SO data while sending from BPM or receiving in Proxy. Now you know how may SO records you have, so once you finish the processing SO data then while sending the response back to the BPM, first check if the counter is same, untill your counter is not same the data will not be sent back to BPM.

Above is a concept, so you have to work aroud it.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use BPM to collect all SO data then send it to proxy for futher processing.

See the example in Integration Repository, choose SAP BASIS---> SAP BASIS 7.00 in the namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/Demo/Agency, there you will find the example of collect pattern.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Thanks for your reply. Would it be possible to achieve this without using BPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

I would be not possible withoud BPM as per my understanding, because in proxy there is no way to know if all the SO data has come into internal table or not. So in XI if you use BPM then first you can collect all you SO data then send it to proxy.

Regards,

Sarvesh