Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Security/ HR Info Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not too familair with some of HR authorization objects. I would like to know more on HR infotypes and how to find out what SAP security roles contain info types.

-Wes

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

For HR Auth objects: HR940 is a good reference for this

SAP Help on this one is also good

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/5c/73ba3bd14a6a6ae10000000a114084/content.htm

For HR Infotypes :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/9a/524035634df01ee10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Regards,

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Thanks for the links, very helpful!

One more question...

If I wanted to know what sap security roles having authorization to info types would I look for just roles with authorization object P_ORGIN or is there other auth objects or other methods of checking?

-Wes

0 Kudos

>

> Thanks for the links, very helpful!

>

> One more question...

>

> If I wanted to know what sap security roles having authorization to info types would I look for just roles with authorization object P_ORGIN or is there other auth objects or other methods of checking?

>

> -Wes

It totally depends on which roles you are looking for :

P_ORGIN : If you are looking for roles with HR Master Data Access

PLOG : If you are looking for roles with HR Planning access and so on.

Just go through the HR Auth Objects, those will help you a lot

regards, Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

HR is rather tricky - see the documentation on object P_PERNR in transaction SU24 and the various threads here about "structural authorizations" for example.

Additionally much of the access (volume wise) is typically portal (ESS / MSS) based which adds other (technology) dimensions to it, in addition to authentication mechanisms (and requirements) and user contexts.

Even in the ABAP programming world it (HR) is different for the developers, then the usuall FICO/MM/SD etc...

As Zaheer mentioned, taking a good course to give you a jump-start is a good idea.

If you ask more specific questions afterwards, then I am sure that folks will help you out where they can.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would concentrate on understanding P_ORGIN, P_PERNR & PLOG to get started on HR security. I also feel that these are the backbones for understanding HR sec. You will have a lot of fun running through the behavior of infotypes with the combination of the above mentioned auth objects. Good luck