cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help Makes The Input Field Red

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a strange error in one my views, i have an input field with a search help.

When i click on the search help and close it without choosing a value from it the input field becomes highlited in red and i am thrown an error message that says:

"The Entered Value Is Not on the List of Valid Values"

I am not doing any mandatory check and the attribute '"STATE" of the input field is

NOT required, the same I/P field doesnt have this bug when executed in SAP so is this a Webdynpro Bug and how can i solve it .

Your Replies Will Be Appreciated,

Kalpana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm guessing that the data dictionary domain for this field has a value set in it. You should check in the Data Dictionary. The system is checking against this domain on a server event and finding that blank is not a valid value in the data dictionary domain. So it isn't technically a required check - but has that effect since blank isn't in the domain. You could change the context attribute definition to point to a custom data dictionary element that uses a domain of your own creation. One that has the same settings, but without the domain field values - although you would lose the rest of the validations agains the domain values.

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpana,

even we are also facing the same issue

"The Entered Value Is Not on the List of Valid Values"

while click on save button of interactive pdf.

if you find any solutions please share with us, it may help us to look into this.

we do not have any f4 on pdf, we have check boxes and assigned with the domain xfeld.

Thanks,

Mahesh.Gattu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

in the context menu you should flag null value for the attribute,

initial is not a value from your value set and this is solved by flagging the attribute

grtz,

Koen

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koen,

Can you explain in more detail, i could not able to follow this.

what to do and where to do this flag.

as i said i am using interactive pdf form, and getting this error while checking the check box.

and the check box is binded to data type with the domain xfeld.

Thanks,

Mahesh.Gattu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

this flag is set in the context, for the attribute given the error on the initial value.

If you get this in your form, try to find out which attribute from the context throws the error

and then go to the context. If it's not on an initial value, this means the checktables behind the

attribute don't have the entered value, then you should try to extend the value set of the attribute.

grtz,

Koen