cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change font and font size in a textedit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using a textedit UI element in read only mode. its getting the value from context attribute. I need to change font and font size ( atleast the later) and make it bold.

how can this be done ?

plz help......

Thanks

Akash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not possible. Possible for the new ui element

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This is not possible with the TextEdit UI element. There is no formatting of the text that can be inserted using the TextEdit. It is just a plain text editor. The display font and font size of the TextEdit itse comes from the theme that WDA is running under. You can adjust the Theme but font changes would effect many UI elements.

In NetWeaver 7.0 EnhP1 we have added a formattedTextEdit UI element.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/44/2772f505605447e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

This UI element lets you also edit formatting options for the text - allow you to adjust relative sizes, bolding, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I saw from your response in the post above that you might be able to answer a question I have about the portal theme.

We are using several textedit elements in our portal, however the font size of text entered in those textedit fields is smaller than the standard global text in the portal. I have tried in vain to find the setting in the portal theme that controls textedit elements. Do you happen to know which one it is exactly?

Many thanks for any suggestions/help you might have

Paul.