cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Split due to different VAT Registration nos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem where a sales order and delivery is created but Invoice is getting split into 2 invoices which is Unwanted. There are 4 items in the order - the 1st invoice contains the first 2 items and 2nd invoice contains last 2 items. The ship-to party is different than the sold-to party.

The split analysis shows that - Header data is different - VAT registration no. is different.

I checked the VAT registration nos. of sold-to party and ship-to party. They are different - BUT this should not lead to Invoice Split.

Any pointers on this would be really helpful and will be rewarded.

Thanksl.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

First identify the rule you are using to determine the VAT Registration no. Go to SPRO-S&D-Basic Function-Taxes.

If its coming from payer or ship to party, then it will split invoice.

But i think in your case its coming from ship to party as you said its different there.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sonal

In normal circumstances, invoice will not split if VAT registration number is different.

May be go to OBD2, select the account group, double click on "General data" and again on "Control" tab. Against the field "VAT registration number", if the box is checked for "Req.Entry", change it to "Optional" and then retry.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SONAL,

I THINK THE INVOICE SPLIT IS HAPPENING NOT BCOZ OF DIFFERENT VAT NO.S, IT MIGHT BE BECAUSE OF DIFFERENT SHIP TO PARTIES.

REGARDS,

RAM.