cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created the alternate BOM.Now whenever sales order gets created all this three alternate BOM get displayed.From this we need to sleect the relevant BOM.In the popup screen its showing three BOM lines

B1-RP distribution channel.

B2-TB Distribution channel.

From that we need to select the relevant BOM.But user wanted Based on distribution channel relevant BOM gets explode automatically.Like for RP distribution channel B1 BOM will be automatically defaulted for sales order.Same for TB distibution channel.B1 AND B2 BOM ARE FROM SAME MATERIAL.

How we can achieve this scenarion can anybody tell me??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_gupta1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

By making other BOM's status "inactive" and keeping only one BOM as active will not solve the problem as it will enforce only active BOM to be automatically selected across DC's whereas your requirement is to automaically select different BOM in different DC's.

In my opinion, you can create a Z table for the combination of DC's and default BOM value and ask ABAPer to use "user exit" in VA01 to automatically default the value of BOM maintained from this table. You can give maintenance rights of this table to user in order to change the value.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

double click the BOM item ..

If you want the first alternate to appear, change the BOM status of the other two BOM alternates as INACTIVE..

Similarly If you want the second alternate BOM, change the BOM status of the other two BOM alternates as INACTIVE..

Karthick