Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table that Contains list of all "Authorisation FIELDS"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

TOBJT is the Table which stores the entire list of Auth. objects and their Text description. In the same manner, is there any table that contains the entire list of "FIELDS" in SAP and their text description?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 3 options mentioned in [this thread|;

But as you will find, some fields are used by a multiple of objects.... see table TACTZ for example...

Perhaps if you explain why you want this information, or where you want it to be available... then it would help to give a better answer.

Cheers,

Julius

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member

Kranthi,

Try table AUTHX

Regards,

PRashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 3 options mentioned in [this thread|;

But as you will find, some fields are used by a multiple of objects.... see table TACTZ for example...

Perhaps if you explain why you want this information, or where you want it to be available... then it would help to give a better answer.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius,

I keep wondering, when you check the "field name" input field from SUIM, eg for activity, the field name is actvt and the text is activity, in F1 help-> technical details, i see that both these are available in the structure XU124--> data elements XUFIELD and XUAUTH, but when i check the where used list nothing concrete comes up in terms of a single table providing these two values the TOBJT shows for auth objects.

Is it a case that these values in SUIM are being pulled from two different tables?

Regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Auth fields have different data types. Depending on the data type of the field, it draws the field text from different tables in the data dictionary. Some (older) reports might only show the field names, or even give them their own texts.

That the Where-Used-List does not return anything is probably because you are searching for a data element without enough information about the data type, domain, and other contexts (e.g. the program). A Where-Used-List on an auth object from SU21 also does not work...

If you use the FM I mentioned, then it will do this work for you (depending on the name of the field each time...). If you are doing this only for documentation purposes, then you should do this in a sandbox (in my opinion).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks for the help! Looks like there is no such table that can give the fields and their text. The text is taken from different tables.