Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

work processes buffers

former_member640852
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

The Swap space on our server is heavily used about 1,8 GB swap. Apart from adding more RAM and decresing the number of some work processes, what can be done for the work processes to allocate less memory ?

These are the parameters from RZ10.

Which ones could be changed without making the system unstable?

rsau/enable 1

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar 0

rsdb/ntab/ftabsize 60000

rsdb/ntab/entrycount 36000

rsdb/ntab/irbdsize 21000

abap/buffersize 500000

login/system_client 100

SAPSYSTEMNAME FMT

SAPGLOBALHOST FMSAPTST

SAPSYSTEM 00

INSTANCE_NAME DVEBMGS00

DIR_CT_RUN $(DIR_EXE_ROOT)\$(OS_UNICODE)\NTAMD64

DIR_EXECUTABLE $(DIR_INSTANCE)\exe

PHYS_MEMSIZE 512

rdisp/wp_no_dia 6

zcsa/installed_languages DEW

rdisp/wp_no_btc 3

icm/server_port_0 PROT=HTTP,PORT=80$$

ms/server_port_0 PROT=HTTP,PORT=81$$

rdisp/wp_no_enq 1

rdisp/wp_no_vb 2

rdisp/wp_no_vb2 2

rdisp/wp_no_spo 1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

4GB of RAM is low to run a PRD CI+DB (DEV or QAS would be okay). And PHYS_MEMSIZE 512 seems wrong.

former_member640852
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm planning to install QAS and PRD databases on the same sql server with different named instances. On the same server is also AS for QAS. The AS for PRD will be on different server. So I want to stip down memory and resourses allocated from AS of QAS system.

Edited by: Ventsislav Ivanov on Nov 7, 2008 7:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>I'm planning to install QAS and PRD databases on the same sql server with different named instances. >On the same server is also AS for QAS. The AS for PRD will be on different server. So I want to stip >down memory and resourses allocated from AS of QAS system.

This is a BAD idea.

Don't mix up the production system with anything else.

If you crash the QAS database server while doing tests : you will crash your production.

And if your server has only 4 GB of RAM, it is already too small for a single system....

Hardware is cheap nowadays, specially for SAP products when you compare to all the other project costs...

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>The Swap space on our server is heavily used about 1,8 GB swap

For a modern SAP system, 1,8 GB of used swap is very small !

On a fresh install of CRM 2007 on a server with 32 GB RAM, I use 10 GB of swap.

I have defined 60 GB of swap space because I will install other SAP systems on the same host.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

What type of system are you running (windows/unix)? How much memory is on the system? How much memory have you assigned to the database (if there is one on this system)?

J. Haynes

former_member640852
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The system is Windows 2003 R2 Std x64 SP2 with MS SQL Server 2005 x64 SP2. 4GB RAM. The memory asigned to the SQL Server is 1638 MB both min. max .