cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM for Developed modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have around 40 odd web dynpro components developed prior to release of Floor Plan Manager for WDA. We are exploring the idea of standardizing these components using FPM.

We are navigating to various components from single application using Tree structure and dynamic usage.

Every component has its own toolbar message area, page header etc. Every component starts with a view divided into three areas - Toolbar, Filter and overview of data related to module. We will be using OIF based navigation.

Some of the components have more 6-7 views embedded inside a tabstrip as well.

I would like to know quantum of changes required for these module to be compatible with FPM and how to go about this. I have gone thru the help documentation and material provided by Mr.Jung but unfortunately I am unable to make any progress.

Thanks a many in advance. Any suggestion comments and feedback are welcome.

Regards

Rohit Chowdhary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer. I demo my application to Thomas during Teched and got the feedback.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I would like to know quantum of changes required for these module to be compatible with FPM and how to go about this.

I can't get too specific without knowing more about your applications but I would imagine from your description that this will be a fairly major effort to refactor your components. You will probably have to adapt some of your logic and context into a shared object Component for the FPM. You will obviously have to restructure your main frame component and this will likely be were you have the majority of your coding changes as well.

If your views were fairly well encapsulated to begin with; they might not be that difficult to adapt to running within the FPM. Instead of a tabstrip running the individual views; these would now be stand alone UIBBs running within the Floorplan.