cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS business process mapping for Telecom industry

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does a Service Provider of broadband internet connections, Direct to Home TV services, Fixed line and wireless telephony use PS module in SAP?

I want to understand the business processes mapped onto SAP PS and best practices for this industry.

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For telecom industry , you can use industry specific solution IS -UTILITY.

Pls refer ;

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_utilities472/helpdata/en/c6/4dc54beafc11d18a030000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards,

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

Based on your inputs and SAP site links provided, I could find further details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked IS-Utilities. I don't find any reference to PS.

I am interested to know the business processes mapped in PS in telecome industry- one example is like Investment in towers could be processed using PS-IM functionalities. I am looking for more such processes.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi saxena,

IS-Utilities is write one if u want to stick to R3

then for proper mapping of towers and carrying out maintenance also you need to have PM module also like

you can define installed base in PM with list of fu.loctaions eqpts etc and each f.locaiton with a proper f.loc structure indicator can be considered as a tower and this f.loc can be assigned to a WBS in PS and can have investment on this thru IM .....

regrds

pushpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

refer

http://help.sap.com/bp_telecomv1600/Telco_US/HTML/index.htm

reg,

Sam

Edited by: sam Lesha on Nov 6, 2008 11:21 AM

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you need to understamd that PS module is something like project management and then see what sought of projects you have

are these investment projects - then you may want to integrate IM e.g. program for tower construction

are these expense projects - e.g. bid projects where you may or may not win the final contract

are these customer projects - revenue based where you have an obligation to service or provide a contract

there are of course more project scenarios - refer to PLM 2* courses

basically once you have decided the project scenario then go for the best practice in that scenario

you must understand that PS is a core module and sits across ISU, IS OIL, IS A&D etc - theory being you can have projects in any industry