cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iBase and iBase component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

can someone give me a clear explanation of iBase and iBase components. I want to know where I can place it in the landscape.

Is an iBase just an other word for Satellite system? Or for the solution that contains the Satellite systems?

Thanks in advance,

Thijs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Unique combination of Ibase and Component recognizes a unique Satellite system in the landscape......

This Ibase and component is assigned\used in the service desk message which reveals from which satellite system the support desk ticket is raised from or in which satellite system the user is facing a problem due to which he]\she raised the ticket.......

Inspire by rewarding..

Regards,

Anand...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, and what does SAP mean with Logical Components and Logical Systems.

Thanks

former_member372140
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Thijs,

the iBase is the representation of the connected system landscape for the CRM component, which is the technical base for Service Desk and Change management.

The logical component with the assigned systems is used by the solution manager specific components like solution operation.

This means, double maintenance for the system landscape - one for the CRM component, one for solution manager specific components.

reagards

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

How do we get the IBase Component information of an EP system in Solution manager. If one create a system in SMSY, the system automatically creates the Ibase (SP15). Now when I created an EP system in SMSY, Ibase is created, however, there is no component information. And as there is no component information for EP, whenever a service desk message is created from EP (only Java stack), there is no Ibase assignment in the message. will appreciate if someone can help me in fixing this issue..

Regards

Rahat