cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Java System Serving two ABAP systems

former_member906139
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can we have one Java System serving two ABAP systems for example with the help of JCO connections?

Like I have two systems, One CRM and One SRM. So instead of installing systems as dual stack (ABAP+JAVA) can I install them as only ABAP and install one separate JAVA system and connect these two with that JAVA system.

I am asking this as want to know difference between dual stack and add in Java. In both case JAVA schema is different and also we can make use of userstore as JAVA local or ABAP if required. Also is there any particular connection/config between ABAP and JAVA component when we install then at one go (Dual stack).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member906139
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

But what do you mean here by "you need to stop one......" ?

Is this means All three systems cant be running same time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>But what do you mean here by "you need to stop one......" ?

I mean that if you need to stop completely one system (abap and java). java will also be stopped for the second system.

Your 2 systems will not be independent.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Theorically, it could work but it seems a very bad idea to me.

You need different users with different authorisations for CRM and SRM.

You will have different problems, so different needs for applying support packages.

You will need to stop one system and keep the other one running...

and so on...

Concerning, dual stack vs java add-in : SAP now officially recommends dual stack systems.

It's a little late for us as all our systems are dual stack and we now pay the price for it...

Regards,

Olivier