Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lot of Sequential Reads, Performance Issues, ORA-01555 Errors

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I would like to ask some critical Problems in this single Post.

1. Lot of Sequential Reads on lot of daily routine Tables.

Currently, on our SAP R3 4.6C PRD server, lot of sequential reads are happened. This shows that search is carried out without using Indexes. The Sequential reads are running same both for Standard Programs as well as Z Programs.

Also, The Quality Ratio of Database Buffer is below 88%. The size of the R3 Database is arround 1.5 TB.

I traced and cheked all the indexes of daily used Tables, on which the Sequential read are happening.

I also noticed that, even though the Indexes are used in search, its taking long time and showing the "Sequential Read" status while monitoring.

I also updated the Statistics of Tables and their concerned Indexes, but its not giving th expected results.

Due to lot of sequential reads on Tables, most of Dia and BGD Work Processes are taking long time to complete steps, and so, performance related issues are coming, since 1 Month.

*2. ORA:01555 :DBIFRSQL_SQL_ERROR.*_

One of our User is getting ORA:01555 :DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR dumps, while running MC.9 (Material Analysis) Standard T-Code.

The concerned Dump is telling, *"Database error text........: "ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment

number # with name "PRS_#" too small"*

I read lot of SNOTEs related to this issue. In some SNOTE , one thing is written that, Rollback Entries are created in RollBack segments, only for Insert, Update, Delete Transactions. For Reading something, its not necessary.

MC.9 is one example. There are others same type of T-codes are used daily just to analys something. MC.9 T-code is used only for Analysis. thne why this kind of Dumps are coming daily, whenever going to run this kind of T-code.

I want to resolve these issues with minimum downtime.

I will wait for your preciouse replies

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavik G Shroff.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not duplicate posts.

Markus