cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNTL_ERROR while calling an FM through WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm using an function module for rejecting PO through BDC for Transaction - ME29N using call transaction method. Function module works well on R/3 System , but while calling it in WebDynpro it throws an CNTL_ERROR . What could be the problem , one more thing is the CALL TRANSACTION method works well for F-63 in webdynpro which i have created , but not for ME29N . Helpful answer will be appreciated .

Thanks & Regards,

RameshVinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You should strongly consider using a BAPI or Enterprise Service for modifying the PO instead of a Call Transacation - especially when working through Web Dynpro. You can not have connections to the SAPGUI Control Framework within any processing that runs from Web Dynpro. BAPIs and Enterprise Services by their very definition will avoid such processing and be safe for usage within Web Dynpro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Can you please give me a few directions on how to create "enterprise service". In my WDA application I have to do some recording. As you suggested, I wont use BDC or call transaction, so wanted to implement enterprise service in my application.

Appreciate your help.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Thomas,

>

>

> Can you please give me a few directions on how to create "enterprise service". In my WDA application I have to do some recording. As you suggested, I wont use BDC or call transaction, so wanted to implement enterprise service in my application.

>

> Appreciate your help.

That question is a bit off topic for this forum and this thread. Generally you don't create an enterprise service if you want to update standard SAP data. You would instead call one of SAP's delivered enterprise services - the whole process is very similar to how you would use a BAPI. In fact if you can find a BAPI for the particular data object, feel free to continue to use that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

you can check following things

1. make sure you are running the BDC in background mode.

2.Just check if your BDC is throwing any popup . if yes this could be a problem.

Because it needs GUI interface and when you are calling the BDC from webdynpro i.e explorer. it doesn't get the frontend interface that SAP GUI provides..

Regards

Naresh