cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM is locked Please help URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to deploy a single SDA in the offline mode on the SAP J2EE Engine 6.30. Accidentaly i supplied the wrong password 3 times in the RemoteGui.bat for Deployment. As a result my SDM is now locked out and does not restart.

Can someone you please guide me on how to reset the SDM password.

Thanks, Balaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

You can perform the following steps to unlock the user.

=>Activating emergency user:-

1. Start configtool

2. set the following properties: [Instance_ID<ID> -> Server_ID<ID> -> services -> com.sap.security.core.ume.service]

a. ume.superadmin.activated - true

b. ume.superadmin.password - <password> [the desired password for SAP*]

3. Restart Java Application server

=> Unlocking Administrator:-

1. Start visual admin

2. Create a new connection, to Login with SAP* as user and the given password

3. Unlock all administrator users:

a. go to <cluster> -> Server -> Services -> Security provider and choose User Management tab

b. Unlock the user Administrator and provide a new password

c. [Optional] You can also create another administrator (say superadmin) in case you want to avoid doing all this the next time.

=> Deactivating SAP* (emergency user) by setting ume.superadmin.activated - false in configtool

[This is required because all other users are deactivated when the SAP* user is active]

=>Restart the java Application server

This should help in unlocking the user.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know you fixed this but I found an even easier way to get around the problem of lock out of the SDM. Simply go to the SDM directory and click on the batchfile named 'StartServer.bat' this restarts the SDM service, go into the gui as normal, enter the password and your in.

Thanks

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

/people/benny.schaich-lebek/blog/2004/04/13/how-to-unlock-your-java-admin

This will help u.

-K

Message was edited by: Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

I am aware of this weblog which i had used earlier when i had locked out my J2ee administrator account.

This does not help when your SDM is locked out?

But i was able to solve my problem because there was another deprecated bat file called startSDM.bat in the program directory of the SDM which logs into the SDM without a password and this also has an option to change the password of the SDM Account. i was able to use this to reset my SDM Account.

Cheers,

Balaji