cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Authentication-User Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've got a WebService in ECC6 which I've been consuming in VS2005, I want to be able to control/limit those who can access this WSDL to users in a certain user group or even restrict certain users from accessing it.

Within SOAMANAGER I've set the WS to have no specific authentication whilst inputting my own credentials in the ABAP Service User section. I've done this because I don't really want those permitted users to have to input details every time they want to use the WS if possible.

Can anyone suggest where I can find more information on doing this sort of thing?

Regards,

Cal

p.s. please let me know if I've posted this in the wrong area and I'll repost/move it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally web service on SAP is a good solution to link a non SAP system to SAP as EAI ESB etc... Finally a good solution to control and limit access is just to set the proxy/router with your system admin to allow only http(s) from specific IP range or station ...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I've got a WebService in ECC6 which I've been consuming in VS2005, I want to be able to control/limit those who can access this WSDL to users in a certain user group or even restrict certain users from accessing it.

u should use TCOD: PFCG to add new role that you appointed right, and assign relevant users, then users can use these WebServices (certainly, your WebServices' logon data set 'standard' and 'user all logon procedures' is true)

Within SOAMANAGER I've set the WS to have no specific authentication whilst inputting my own credentials in the ABAP Service User section. I've done this because I don't really want those permitted users to have to input details every time they want to use the WS if possible.

i don't use the SOAMANAGER, i think it is similar with SICF, the latter is set access methods,such as: sap user logon, certificate...