cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install additional component for EHP 1 for CE 7.1 (preview)

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have downloaded the CE 7.1 AS with J2EE 5.5 from SDN.

After running sapinst.exe successfully and starting the server - I have tried running the Post install Configuration Templates.

During this - I get the following error when I run the "Cofigure ESR for CE" CTC: "Cannot find sap.com/xi.repository".

1.) Is this because ESR was not installed during the installation?

2.) How do we install addn. comps (ESR, GP, etc.) that are mentioned for EHP 1?

3.) I have looked through the Master Install Guide - and I cannot find the "DATA_UTILS" folder in my unzipped archive. Where is it located in the previiew edition?

4.)Also, the sapinst.exe installation does not provide me screen to install ayn optional components (as mentioned in the guide) - am I running the install incorrectly?

Any information will be really helpful.

Thanks.

p256960.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

> Hi,

>

> I have downloaded the CE 7.1 AS with J2EE 5.5 from SDN.

There is no J2EE 5.5

>

> After running sapinst.exe successfully and starting the server - I have tried running the Post install Configuration Templates.

>

> During this - I get the following error when I run the "Cofigure ESR for CE" CTC: "Cannot find sap.com/xi.repository".

>

> 1.) Is this because ESR was not installed during the installation?

Correct.

> 2.) How do we install addn. comps (ESR, GP, etc.) that are mentioned for EHP 1?

First you should install EHP1 for CE 7.1. Then you may install the preview of the ESR. I'm not aware this can be done in the same system as possible with the commercial version.

Regards,

d034365

Answers (0)