cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier registration question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that the supplier registration consists of the Supplier Screening and the Selection which then potentially makes the supplier available in the system for buyer. The scenario is as follows. Please correct me if i am wrong: The Supplier enters the portal and requests for registration. The supplier enters the product category and a product category specific questionnaire is sent to the supplier. The supplier enters teh details and sends it back.

Now, my question is, is this supplier available in the Supplier Database for reference without Acceptance from the buyer? i.e. can this supplier be available to the buyer when he searches in the Preselect Vendors?

If so, is this standard? If no, can this be achieved and how?

From what i know, there is the Supplier database available only after acceptance.

Full points assured.

Thanks in advance,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Folks,

Thanks a lot. So, please correct me if i have misunderstood your answers:

1. A Buyer "CAN" see ALL the suppliers from the supplier database irrespective of whether the Supplier has been accepted i.e. the business partner has been created. This is through the transaction Preselect Vendors.

2. He can however, only "USE" the suppliers whom he has selected i.e. the Business Partner has been created.

Am i right?

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me try to make the things more clear:

1. EBP & ROS components are generally on seperate clients as per SAP recommendation.

When the prospect supplier submits the questionnaire successfully, a BP is created on ROS client

and has the status new on the ROS client.

Operational purchaser can accept/reject these new BPs.

Accordingly they will get status "accepted/rejected".

There is even a std programme to delete the rejected BPs on ROS client.

When these ROS prospect BPs are accepted they are available for administrator under 'manage business

partners' for transfer to EBP client which can be used there as functional vendors.

2. So the BP in ROS component is immediately created (with status new) when the questionnaire is submitted in ROS.

Administrator can transfer this ROS BP to EBP (under manage business partner) when the same has 'accepted' status

given by the op purchaser under 'screen supplier'.

The admin get this data in EBP via creating an external service call structure for ROS catalog

(similar to the one you create for product catalog).

This ID should be also there in the CAT attribute of the admin.

BR

Dinesh

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers

1) Yes Buyer can see all the suppliers from the registration system irrespective of wether they are accepted (or) not in the transaction--> preselect vendors

In the transaction --> preselect vendors --> buyer is able to see the supplier --> with Business partners and these are the BP numbers in the registration system.

when the purchaser --> accepts the supplier --> and the transfers the same in to SRM --> new BP will be created in the SRM system.

and this will be fully operational supplier..

this will answer both your questions..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

but now, with SRM 7.0 how is possible to transfer Vendors from ROS to EBP?

The transaction BBPMAININT dosen't exist anymore!

regards

andrea

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Amazing details on this. Loved it. Have given as many points as i could and am closing the issue. USman, i owe you full points.....will ensure you get these on my next question.

Amit

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the purchaser will be able to see --> suppliers with all the status --> in the transaction 'preselect suppliers'.

But when the purchaser --> uses the transaction --> manage business partners --> then he will be able to see the accepted suppliers.

he has to transfer the accepted suppliers --> then he will become fully operational supplier ---> and will be available in the SRM system.

the supplier which has status --> accepted and still not transfered from the registration system -> is not fully operational supplier --> and can not be used in SRM.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos