cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.0.5 [ERROR]: Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're facing a strange issue. Here's our the setup:

3 MII Environments:

*DEV0, DEV on 12.0.4

*PROD on 12.0.5

2 SAP Instances

*EWQ : QA

*EQP : Production.

2 ways to perform BAPI Calls:

*A SAP JCo Interface Action block.

*A combination of SAP JCo Start Session - SAP JCO Function - SAPJCo End Session Action Blocks (the transaction performs multiple calls in a repeater loop)

The same SAP login is used for both SAP environments.

Here's the problem:

*Against EWQ, all 3 MII environments can perform both type of calls.

*Against EWP, the two DEV environments running 12.0.4 use both modes to perfrom the BAPI calls successfully.

*Against EWP, the MII instance at 12.0.5 can perform the BAPI call using the Interface Action block buth the SAP JCo Start Session action block fails with the following message :

[ERROR]: Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

This strange as :

*The login is correct (both the Interface Action Block and the SAP JCo Start use the same SAP Server connection and the 1st method succeeds).

*The same SAP JCO Start Session Action block succeeds in the EWQ environment from the MII PROD instance running 12.0.5.

I can only guess a slight change in the SAP JCO Start Session Action block combined with a somewhat different setup on the SAP EWP instance cause this error.

Can someone confirm or explain the nature of the change in that block between 12.0.4 & 12.0.5. A change in a default parameter?

Also, could someone guide me on what type of security setup or role membership to look for.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

When using the session blocks a pool is created during the first use. If the password was wrong at this time, the pool will exist with the incorrect password and all subsequent connections will use the incorrect password until the pool is closed. Try turning off "Pool Connections" on the Start Session action.

Try resetting the pools using...

http://server:port/XMII/JCOProxy?Mode=Reset&Target=Pool&PoolName=ALL

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jamie,

You were right on. Resetting the connection pool did the trick.

Thank you all 3 for helping troubleshooting.

Francois Rioux

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Francois,

This is an interesting issue so please let me make sure that I'm understanding your symptoms. It appears that the two JCo communication action blocks while using the same SAP Server connection behave differently.

I don't think that it's a security issue since you're using the same credentials with each action block and the actions are essentially performing the same operation. What may be happening is that a backround transaction with invalid credentials is locking your user.

Please perform the following:

1) Verify that after multiple failed login attempts, typically 3, with the session actions that the username gets locked out by ECC. This will at least let you know if the error message you're seeing is the actual error message and that it was caused by your transaction and not some other process that is using the same username.

2) In the JCo Start Session action block run it with the "Pool Connections" box checked and unchecked and see if there is a difference.

3) Are you using SSO or just the credentials mapped in by the SAP Server Connection.

Hope this helps.

Sam

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

I tried testing this from a 12.0.5 MII system against three different ERP systems and can't duplicate your error. My guess (and that is all it is) is that there is a difference in the permissions on using the JCo on your prod system.

Can you have someone check the differences in the security? When pointing to prod, can you do a Get List against a Search Pattern in the configuration of the SAP_JCo_Function action block?

Regards,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Nov 5, 2008 2:10 PM