cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment card mandatory in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I want to make payment card filed mandatory when we enter some group of customers in sales order. We normally use the same sales order type for all the customers & when some particular set of customers entered in sales order we need to make the payment card field as mandatory to fill out.

Can we relate payment terms for making payment card mandatory in sales order or any userexit around.

Thanks,

Sree.Manam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think no need to use any user exit. If you maintain payment card details in customer master >general data> Payment transactions. Click on payment cards field.

Enter card type,card number and validity period and other info.

Assign payment card plan to sales document types.

When you enter customer in sales order, if he is having payment card information in customer master, then system automatically copy the payment card information to sales order.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response. We don't want to give card details in customer master record and we don't want the data to pull from customer master data. The card number is provided by the customer only at the time of order entry.

Can any one throw some light on this.

Thanks,

Sree.Manam

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi manam narayana

Either you need to have a separate sales document type , but with the same sales document type OR ,it is not possible.So if you want to make it mandatory payment card field mandatory then first of all copy document type OR to ZOR . Now use transaction variants using t.code SHD0 and there give document type ZOR and business object as BUS2032.and make the feild payment cards as required .

Now create the sales order using document type ZOR for the customers for whom payment cards should be mandatory.

But with the same document type i think it is not possible.Because if you make this field mandatory it will affect to all customers

Regards

Srinath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ian_kehoe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sree.Manam,

In the standard system I think it is not possible to make these fields mandatory. Perhaps a check in USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE in MV45AFZZ could allow you to stop an order being saved without payment card details.

Best regards,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Lan,

Thanks & I have the same idea of doing this requirement. Just want to confirm i am not missing any standard functionality.

Regards,

Sree.Manam