cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file RFC file NOOO...BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have implemented a scenario exactly same as in the wiki given by Raj,thanks for him.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/file-rfc-file%28without+bpm%29&;

its working good when we have no errors.but let say when we are trying to processe a file and the reciever R3 system is down and RFC adapter not able to communicate with receiver R3 system/BAPI used in MM its throughing error saying NO_MESAGE_FOUND (lets say for 6 th File)when checked in SXMB_MONI.which makes sense to me.

but when we place more files in the folder where the Sender File adapter picks the files (7th,8th,9th,10th Files)which configured with RequestResponse Module and onewayBeans,its not processing the files even though the receiver RFC adapter is up and running & good.

And in SXMB_MONI the error message still pointing to the old Message where it failed(6th File) when the receiver R3 system is down.

How can we make XI process the next files that are placed in the polling folder (also when receiver R3 is up &running)though it failed for the previous message.

thank you,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri

Open a SAP note on the same.

This problem is happening for most of the Sync cases when the target system is down. I found this is not getting resolved by Cache refresh, deleting the channel, reconfigure and activate etc

Its still looking for either same file and show error even though file is not there. otherwise this remain an error

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for the info.

and We have same scenario with JMS adapter as sender and same Modules been configured in the sender JMS adapter ,but don't have any problems with those interfaces..

When the receiving R3 is down the message are failing and once we activate the Receiver RFC CC and the all message which got errored out got processed successfully JMS as the sender adapter.

the above problem mentioned is happening with only FILE as sender adapter.

please throw me some light,if anything strikes.

thank you,

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to update something,infact we are NOT using the same Modules in JMS adapter as I said above,we are using different modules but those interfaces are also Async/Sync kind..

sorry for the confusion,I have been told wrong so thought the same,but when I checked the modules in JMS adapter they are different from the ones we use in Sender File adapter(RequestResponse,OnewayBean).

Raj,

did you try this and any info for me please to resolve the issue?

Thank you,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

adding my two cents to this...

This problem will be solved by Cache refresh, we are facing same problem with JDBC, when ever the database is down the entry from the cache is removed, and after database is up the messages will be failing with same error.

I think adapter farmework is designed like this. for JDBC this can be solved by deactivating and activating the CC also.

Regards,

Sukarna.Chirumamilla.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thank you for info.we did all kinds of trails but no use.I think there is something else that we are misssing here.

regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this issue happens when the swrver goes down and comes up the RFC connection don't come up automatically.

Please check the note mentioned below

The is from : Note 730870 - FAQ XI 3.0/ PI 7.0/ PI 7.1 RFC Adapter

May there are situations where the check of the connection will fail due to a temporary error (like network, ...). The channel will not be usable despite the temporary error may disappeared when the first message should be delivered through this channel. If this is common in the environment where the RfcAdapter is used, the check can be disabled for the whole RfcAdapter. Set the RfcAdapter J2EE service property 'initialRfcClientConnectCheck' from 'true' to 'false'. The changing of J2EE properties is discussed in Q 17. This parameter was introduced in XI 3.0 SP9.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Thank you for the info.we did see the SAP Note and also we set the RFC initialRfcClientConnectCheck parameter to False,but did not help.

Main problem is lets say Receiving R3 is Down or Network failure there will be error cos it cannot process the Message and as it don't get the response from RFC/BAPI in R3,which is genuine.But once the R3 is up and running connections are good and re activate the Receiver RFC channel (did Cache Refresh too)still the sender File adapter isn't picking the new files we feed.And in SXMB_MONI all the errors are pointing to the same old errored Message when the RFC was down.Its logging too much and we felt like it might fill up the DB and system might get crashed,so e have to stop the Channels or delete the Files feed in the sender polling Folder.

I think there is something wrong with Modules RequestResponse bean or OnewayBean used in the Sender File adapter(same as in the WIKI by Raj).

we are planning to open a ticket to SAP.

please let me know any ideas.

thank you again.

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri,

According to the description of your issue, it looks like RFC messages are sent using EOIO QOS ! When you encounter it, have you checked the XI's outbound queues to see if sthg stuck there might block everything (depending on the type of RFC msgs, check SM58 for tRFC or corresponding SMQ* tcodes for qRFC) ? I can see that intf determination has the "preserve order" feature checked, you could try to deactivate it, but only if your business scenario allows this ...

I know there are some reprocessing feature available withing XI (2 diff mechanism, 1 for tRFC/EO and 1 for qRFC/EOIO), check this out :

Rgds

Chris

Edited by: Christophe PFERTZEL on Nov 16, 2008 10:54 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we opened a ticket to SAP and then SAP released a New Note.we applied the patch and working good now.

they gave new SAPNote 1042164 - Message cannot be made persistent after the first log.

So Note is the Solution for this kind of Issue.

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I directed towards this in first place....................

Well i found this working also.

The way it worked sometime is you need to deactivate the channel followed by cache refresh and then J2EE restart. It got solved most of the time i tried this.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOORRY......

This is the right SAP Note 1272854 - XI runtime Synchronous message with the same ID.

please Ignore the Above SAP Note.

thank you All for participation.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at SAP Note 1042164.

Regards,

Prateek

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sri,

I will try to re-simulate the same and will give you an update.

raj,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raj.

Prateek,

I have looked at the note,but I don't think that would help.

Update:

when we delete the previous failed message,and the rest of the file are processed successfully with NO problems.And for testing purpose we intentionally Stopped the Receiver RFC CC and the same problem occurs.Its failed at the first file we feed to the sender file adapter and gain we started the Receiver RFC channel again and feed more files to the sender File adapter and same problem,Xi not able to process the new files feed.

and XI is trying to poll the each file but in SXMB_MONI its pointing to the fist file for which it failed when the Receiver RFC adapter is down.

XI logging so much in SXMB_MONI and in RWB as its retrying somany times but ending up with same error and not processing the further files places in the polling folder.

thank you both for your help.

Regards,

Sri