cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport error from XI 3.0 to PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

While transporting the TPZ files (development previously done in XI 3.0 server, which is now decommissioned) to PI 7.0, there is a problem encountered. The error message is as follows:

import failed because of business system transfer of object

Receiver agreement I Soap_Service_ESA I SAP xyz I Zxyzp_qr_st:Obligatory transport target for business system SAP xyz not found in System Landscape Directory.

While working on the issue we came to know that the GUID might be different for the Software component, Product, which are created in the new PI 7.0 server from the old XI 3.0 Server.

To import the IR or ID objects, we need to do a export/import from old system to new system so that the GUID remains the same.

This is where we are facing issues while importing the tpz files.

Also in our case we donu2019t have the source system, so that we can create the transport targets and then import.

Any solutions for this ? ? ?

Regards,

Abhisek.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It has nothing to do with GUID. The only reason for this failure is the Business System is not yet created in your new XI 7.0 enviroment. You first need to create(or import) the business system(SAP xyz) in XI 7.0 SLD with the same name from XI 3.0 and then only you will be able to import the Integration Directory objects.

Try that, it will work for sure.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Importing is not possible from old system. I will create the Business system and see if this works.

thanks for the reply, I will keep you posted on the developments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I tried the solution, but still the same error.

Kindly advise.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

import failed because of business system transfer of object

Receiver agreement I Soap_Service_ESA I SAP xyz I Zxyzp_qr_st:Obligatory transport target for business system SAP xyz not found in System Landscape Directory.

You need to create the business system with name SAP xyz in new SLD. As it is not able to transport objects without this target name.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

in SLD, did you specify Transport Target of Source Business System? if not specify it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do not have the source system at hand, but only the TPZ files from the previous system.

How do I specify Transport Target of Source Business System

Please explain.

regards,

Abhisek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To my knowledge. without source system. it is not possible to transport.

see when r u transporting from DEV to QAS. here the source is DEV. like that, i feel there should be a source system.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that the type of Business System created is same with name and all the other details similar. If u have the BS in SLD, then u should not face the problem in ID transport. Transport of SLD objects are not mandatory if you create the components manually.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

While Creating, you can give same name to Business system and same specifications from XI 3.0. import TPZ files. it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

You really don't need to point to the same system which you were pointing earlier. It's just the name that matters. Try to create a Business System assocated with the Technical System with exactly the same name that was there in your XI 3.0 and it will work for sure.

Try that and let me know.

Thanks

Amit