Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to JDBC Scenario - Communications Channel Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am following the published JDBC to JDBC Scenario:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/step-by-step+guides

I am a 3rd Party Vendor, and I'm using NX7: SAP Exchange Infrastructure. My goal is to have a JDBC Sender that sends MS Access data from my PC to NX7, and have a JDBC Receiver that receives MS Access data, and map the data from one database to the other via XI per the scenario, with both databases on my PC.

I set up the NX7 SAP XI per the scenario, but I'm getting an error on the NX7 Communications Channel:

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver(.mdb)};DBQ=//204.245.44.232/C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Documents/XI_FILES/SENDER/STUDENT_Database.mdb' using the JDBC driver 'sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver(.mdb)};DBQ=//204.245.44.232/C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Documents/XI_FILES/SENDER/STUDENT_Database.mdb': SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified'

The data source is in

C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Documents/XI_FILES/SENDER/STUDENT_Database.mdb on my PC and it is a shared folder. My PC IP 204.245.44.232 is a public IP address. It should be using the JDBC-ODBC bridge driver in the JDK.

Why am I getting the error?

Thanks,

Ed Culnane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your firewall settings. It should be open for the communication.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a 3rd party vendor, I am not on the XI Server, and I can't put files on the XI Server. How do I formulate the database connection parameter to get the .mdb file from my PC over the Internet?

Thanks,

Ed Culnane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This can be due to connection problem/Firewall

Ask the XI admin to try to ping your system. if its accessible to them then only XI can read files from your system.

To communicate over the internet its better to implement certificate based authentication or VPN to secure data and allow communication between systems

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried your suggestion, but I still get the same error. Anybody else have any ideas?

Thanks,

Ed Culnane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Connection Parameters are of given below check

Transport Protocol: JDBC 2.0

Message Protocol: XML SQL Format

Adapter Engine: Integration Server

JDBC Driver: jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//xiserver/xitemp/db/TestDB.mdb

5) In my case there is no userid and password required, but if you have userid and password, then the parameter for Connection becomes,

jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//xiserver/xitemp/db/TestDB.mdb;Uid=yourid;Pwd=yourpwd;

Well ms access file should be in the XI Server path or it should be able to accessed by the XI

Try this above option of keeping u r file in the XI Server path instead of the local

rgd

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

>'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb)};DBQ=//204.245.44.232/C:/Documents and Settings/All >Users/Documents/XI_FILES/SENDER/STUDENT_Database.mdb':

this is my guess...i am not sure .

if you have create datasource, then you should specify the actual source in the url.... url should be as simple as

jdbc:odbc:demo

where demo - ODBC datasource on ur PC with //204.245.44.232/C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Documents/XI_FILES/SENDER/STUDENT_Database.mdb